Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Fitness1983 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intro
    Posted: Mar/13/2018 at 7:18am
Originally posted by RIArules RIArules wrote:

Can you deadlift 650?

RichMexican_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichMexican_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2016 at 5:14pm
Just view this board as an abusive, yet educational hazing experience.[/QUOTE]

Edited by RichMexican_ - Mar/28/2016 at 5:16pm
"Don't throw your pearls to the pigs."
Omar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2016 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by anonymous anonymous wrote:

Originally posted by FPGuy FPGuy wrote:

Hey Omar,
Welcome to the business.
I suggest you writedown the reasons why you entered this business and post on your computer, fridge, dash of your car - whereever.

Then when you get a door slammed in your face, hung up on or told where to go and how to get there - you can refer to it!

Then lick your wounds and get back at it! It's tough but rewarding.

You just have to hang in there long enough to reap the rewards of your prospecting.

Funny story; a colleague was cold calling businesses. Got past assistant to owner and had a strip torn off him over the phone and was hung up on. About two months later he called the same guy back. Said, "We spoke briefly a couple months back."
Owner said, you were the guy I ripped into. So sorry, one of my key guys left and supplier was trying to screw me. You were next person I spoke to.......business owner respected fact he called back, he's now a profitable client.

All the best!

Omar is a successful vet. He was welcoming you to the business. I don't know the exact size of his book, but given his fee structure, I know he's making a fortune. He also seems to get more strange than any poster on the board except missionshooter.

"sits back, tips a 40 ounce and smiles"
The game is out there. Either play or get played.
FPGuy View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 5:33pm
Thanks Lewis.
No, not new to biz, just an optimist.
I've been told off, phone slammed etc over the years at bank, independant and brokerage.
I just figured most posts are so negative, wanted to encourage.
I'm not disillusioned to the difficulty of the industry.
Cheers mate!
LewisRanieri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisRanieri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 4:52pm

Hey Omar,
Welcome to the business.
I suggest you writedown the reasons why you entered this business and post on your computer, fridge, dash of your car - whereever.

Then when you get a door slammed in your face, hung up on or told where to go and how to get there - you can refer to it!

You just have to hang in there long enough to reap the rewards of your prospecting.

Funny story; a colleague was cold calling businesses. Got past assistant to owner and had a strip torn off him over the phone and was hung up on. About two months later he called the same guy back. Said, "We spoke briefly a couple months back."
Owner said, you were the guy I ripped into. So sorry, one of my key guys left and supplier was trying to screw me. You were next person I spoke to.......business owner respected fact he called back, he's now a profitable client.

All the best!

FP Guy - I have read a couple of your posts and its clear that you just started and you are full of "can do" optimism. Your colleague lied to you. Your anecdote didn't happen, that memoir comes from an old wives tale trainees tell each other so that "there is always a chance!!" and "every call matters". Stay blind and march forward - good luck.
anonymous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 4:44pm

Hey Omar,
Welcome to the business.

All the best!

Omar is a successful vet. He was welcoming you to the business. I don't know the exact size of his book, but given his fee structure, I know he's making a fortune. He also seems to get more strange than any poster on the board except missionshooter.
FPGuy View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FPGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 4:29pm
Hey Omar,
Welcome to the business.

All the best!
Omar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 10:42am
Welcome to the jungle and good luck.
The game is out there. Either play or get played.
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 9:25am
Originally posted by RIArules RIArules wrote:

Can you deadlift 650?

He's no CLAB....
anonymous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 6:34am
JTP can give you strong perspecti mf advice for a jones newby. Here are a couple of the other lessons I've learned from him:
  • Learn the regulatory and legal limits on what you can sell, they will guide your recommendations
  • Be a "good advisor" and, no matter what you charge, you are underpaid
  • Recommend A shares. it will provide flexibility to reposition thise assets to advisory or insurance in the short term
  • Dont just drink the kool aid, bathe in it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 2:54am
How long have you been with jones?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2016 at 2:52am
Who do you work for? Anything constructive to say?
jtp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2016 at 5:12pm
Congrats.

I'm at Jones from a sales background. It's a good legup.

There's good prospecting advice in the threads. Just view this board as an abusive, yet educational hazing experience.
knock knock. who's there? you're new financial advisor
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2016 at 7:39am
In before anyone tells you that you will fail.
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
anonymous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2016 at 6:13am
Welcome aboard! The most important thing to learn is that you have to survive in this business. If you're not around in 5 years, your clients won't be able to count on you for advice, so always seek to maximize your personal income with every client interaction.
SometimesNowhere View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SometimesNowhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2016 at 5:27am
Originally posted by Fitness1983 Fitness1983 wrote:

Just got hired today.

Sorry about that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2016 at 12:13am
Just got hired today.
RIArules View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIArules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2016 at 10:53pm
You've got my vote, for what that's worth.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2016 at 10:29pm
I can not.
RIArules View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIArules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2016 at 10:12pm
Can you deadlift 650?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic