Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st post - again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaBomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st post - again
    Posted: Jan/04/2017 at 9:51pm
Needed to create a new user name. Dual registered. Life and Health. Brought in at a small indy firm to help the owner "goodnight" part of his book to me. Been actively prospecting for about 10-12 months. Licensed a little longer. Taking CFP in July and I'm halfway through the education course at a local college. Wife has a decent job so pressure to gather assets is more internal than external.  In before I can fail. 
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 4:13pm
You are going to be a huge success in this business. Don't prospect anymore until you pass the CFP. Clients want to see you are a CFP and will not hire you without it.
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by missionshooter missionshooter wrote:

You are going to be a huge success in this business. Don't prospect anymore until you pass the CFP. Clients want to see you are a CFP and will not hire you without it.

Well said.

8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
DaBomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaBomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 5:31pm
I figured I would stop prospecting all together even after I pass the CFP. Don't the calls just start coming in anyways?
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by DaBomb DaBomb wrote:

I figured I would stop prospecting all together even after I pass the CFP. Don't the calls just start coming in anyways?

I just sit at the beach with my phone and the calls come flooding in.
jdavid83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdavid83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 5:50pm
 Come in here dear boy, have a cigar. You're gonna go faaaaar! 
anonymous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 6:19pm
Any relation to Calm Like A Bomb?
"Just do shit. It doesnt matter what as long as it gets you and your name in front of people" - Sportsfreak
DaBomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaBomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 6:31pm
No. Forgot to say I plan on using all possible cash I have to send out direct mail postcards offering free financial planning appointments. Heard that's an untapped market full of potential rollovers.
Omar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2017 at 8:10pm
I like your humor DaBomb, so welcome to the jungle!
As long as you realize prospecting, not the CFP will lead to your success you are good to go.
The game is out there. Either play or get played.
DKOfTFC View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKOfTFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2017 at 3:36pm
Woah, send me that magic penny you have please!

Big smile
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2017 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by DKOfTFC DKOfTFC wrote:

Big smile

OK please stop posting for awhile now.
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2017 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by luvindy luvindy wrote:

Originally posted by DKOfTFC DKOfTFC wrote:

Big smile

OK please stop posting for awhile now.

I think he's trying to get his 10 posts in so he has full permissions. Besides he's one of the cool ones (Indy)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic