Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's been a long time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rankstocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's been a long time
    Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 12:55am
Missed this forum.  I bet it's been half a decade since I last logged on.  I hope all is well.  For those that haven't been here long, I'm an EDJ advisor with 20 years experience, million dollar producer, with a CFP and master's degree.  Back in the day I enjoyed this forum while it was on registeredrep.com.  Looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 1:23am
Welcome.  What brings you back?
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 8:08am
What up rank?  Good to see you again.
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 9:05am
Blast from the past! Welcome back Rank.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
RIArules View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIArules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 10:18am
You're going to fail.
Is it too late to exhume Ken Starr?
Mike Damone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Damone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 10:25am
Welcome Back Rankstocks!
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 10:45am
20 years @ EDJ!?!   
Spaceman Spiff View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by missionshooter missionshooter wrote:

20 years @ EDJ!?!   
You must have missed the Million Dollar Producer part. 

At that level, I'm guessing his total comp is pretty close to yours. 
rankstocks View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rankstocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2017 at 2:55am
Good to see some old names I'm familiar with!  Awesome to see my peeps holding down the forum still.  I think what brought me back was the need to reach out and relate with fellow advisors, from different perspectives and points of view, I enjoyed that before.  Maybe catch up on things within the industry I might be missing.  Yah, over 20 years.  Feels like it lately.  Our industry is getting put through the meat grinder , and I think a forum like this might help me feel like I'm pushing back a little. 
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2017 at 9:10pm
I think you missed learning that the industry is dead because of the DOL. Sorry you missed out on all of the fun here, but now it's over.
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
Hoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2017 at 12:04am
Luvindy, I know you are being sarcastic, but I have used the DOL rule in the last 18 months to completely change my business from a traditional commission model to fee based. I guess I saw the light, finally, and became a modern advisor.
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2017 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Hoss Hoss wrote:

Luvindy, I know you are being sarcastic, but I have used the DOL rule in the last 18 months to completely change my business from a traditional commission model to fee based. I guess I saw the light, finally, and became a modern advisor.

Is that why you've been so quiet for the last year? Welcome back.
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
SometimesNowhere View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SometimesNowhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by RIArules RIArules wrote:

You're going to fail.

^^^^^^^^
Hoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2017 at 12:58am
Originally posted by luvindy luvindy wrote:

Yes and Thank you
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2017 at 8:29am

Yes and Thank you

Did the process go well?
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2017 at 12:00pm
It's going well at EDJ across the board. DOL Letters went out to clients, June now as fiduciaries . CAIBX, movin to fee based at 1.35% with preferred fund families! !

0.25% 12b-1 ----NOW 1.35% To the grid. FUCK YAAAAAA!

This is for your own good mr. Client.     Cough cough, and mine to!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2017 at 12:37pm

It's going well at EDJ across the board. DOL Letters went out to clients, June now as fiduciaries . CAIBX, movin to fee based at 1.35% with preferred fund families! !

What year did you do this?
Hoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2017 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Iamlegend Iamlegend wrote:

Yes and Thank you

Did the process go well?

Well, some folks handled it well, some did not . Some left. Just to add one more thing to it , we moved out of mutual funds and outside money managers. We manage the money for our clients. Stocks, preferreds, and bonds.So the total fee is more competitive and we have full transparency. Some people got it and liked that and some did not. I think it's more who we are. So we committed to it and business is good.
Spaceman Spiff View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

What year did you do this?
C'mon now, bc.  We all know everyone in this industry started out doing 100% fee based business all the time.  What are you thinking asking him a question like that?  I'll bet mission never sold a single A share in his entire career. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2017 at 10:51am
I did exactly that Spiff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic