Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to the industry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by anonymous anonymous wrote:

Originally posted by Jts01 Jts01 wrote:

Well I do appreciate him letting me know how he got into the business. No disrespect meant

No offense but, it sounds like you suck cock while taking it in the ass. No disrespect meant.

Well, that escalated quickly.
The game is out there. Either play or get played.
nest View Drop Down

Tech Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Omar Omar wrote:

Originally posted by anonymous anonymous wrote:

Well I do appreciate him letting me know how he got into the business. No disrespect meant

No offense but, it sounds like you suck cock while taking it in the ass. No disrespect meant.

Well, that escalated quickly.

I just realized how much I've missed it here.
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 5:56pm
Where did the new guy go? I didn't get a chance to learn more about your strategy. Don't leave!
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
Jts01 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jts01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 6:10pm
Still here just been reading other threads.

Met with a local FA and getting phone interviewed soon.
Jmhalvo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmhalvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 9:32pm
Because sales is so key, I still like to tell people to START at Jones. I am glad I did it -for 3yrs
Jts01 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jts01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 11:05pm
Yeah I'm trying to start at jones any phone screen tips would be appreciated. I'm not going to mention my personal investing stuff at all because I really just did light research and gambled. Just focusung on that i want to generate clients and be sales oriented

I know people say bad stuff about jones but I'd be really greatful for a job there and I think it's right for me. I have a good finance education but no experience. After college I started my own business that failed after three years so I don't have a lot of options at this point and have honest interest in the field

Edited by Jts01 - Aug/09/2017 at 11:17pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 11:25pm
Go meet a local EJ guy and get him to submit your resume. Most hires happen that way over the Internet applications. You can throw in investing, but they don't give a shit. Your passion is sales, being in control of your own check, and "building your own business".....gotta go throw up about that last point

And everyone that would buy that bullshit policy you're taking about has 250k. It's not a lot really. If a 60 yr old has only this and no pension, they are fucked. Think IRAs and 401ks. Forced savings. Not cash laying around. If you saw my newest client, you'd think they are broke. Driving an old Hyundai and moderate house, but they've been putting away in retirement accounts for 30 yrs along with their employer match and pretending that money doesn't exist. They will be great clients and will retire just fine.
Jts01 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jts01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

Go meet a local EJ guy and get him to submit your resume. Most hires happen that way over the Internet applications. You can throw in investing, but they don't give a shit. Your passion is sales, being in control of your own check, and "building your own business".....gotta go throw up about that last point

And everyone that would buy that bullshit policy you're taking about has 250k. It's not a lot really. If a 60 yr old has only this and no pension, they are fucked. Think IRAs and 401ks. Forced savings. Not cash laying around. If you saw my newest client, you'd think they are broke. Driving an old Hyundai and moderate house, but they've been putting away in retirement accounts for 30 yrs along with their employer match and pretending that money doesn't exist. They will be great clients and will retire just fine.

Yeah I went and met with local ej guy and he submitted me to get phone screened. He was straight with me and we had a good convo about how to make it in the business. Great guy.

I have the phone screen tomorrow so any tips would be cool but I think I'll be ok
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 11:53pm

Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

Yeah I went and met with local ej guy and he submitted me to get phone screened. He was straight with me and we had a good convo about how to make it in the business. Great guy.

I have the phone screen tomorrow so any tips would be cool but I think I'll be ok

That was my tip
nest View Drop Down

Tech Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 11:53pm

Yeah I'm trying to start at jones any phone screen tips would be appreciated. I'm not going to mention my personal investing stuff at all because I really just did light research and gambled. Just focusung on that i want to generate clients and be sales oriented

Make a list of examples where you stood out in sales capacities. Be prepared to describe those examples in a STAR format. Situation, Task, action, result. Have some questions ready. Demonstrate knowledge of what it takes to become a successful advisor by citing research you've done. Explain why you 'chose' Jones over other firms based on that research.
Google 'Edward Jones interview'. There's about 10000 posts you can read.
Jts01 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jts01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2017 at 12:36am
Thank you guys I read through a lot on glass door to get some questions for canned answers and I will follow your advice
RIArules View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIArules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2017 at 1:06am
All I can confirm is that you need to go local and somehow get your name in the hopper. The internet process is complete bullshit.
Is it too late to exhume Ken Starr?
Jts01 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jts01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2017 at 1:29am
Originally posted by RIArules RIArules wrote:

All I can confirm is that you need to go local and somehow get your name in the hopper. The internet process is complete bullshit.

Everything else is in line I need to get past the HR people
Jmhalvo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmhalvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2017 at 9:44am
I definitely join in on the Jones Hate stuff sometimes but it really is a great place to start- and for some people to stay, obviously. Good luck
advisorman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advisorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2017 at 1:38pm
Tell them you have all kinds of connections to people with money.
King of sarcasm and speling
Jts01 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jts01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2017 at 2:20pm
I think it went well other than 1 or 2 behavioral questions I struggled with... they were similar so I gave similar answers. Might be screwed
zsize View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2017 at 8:43am
As long as you have your head on straight EJ will hire about anyone.
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by advisorman advisorman wrote:

Tell them you have all kinds of connections to people with money.

x2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic