Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to Add Value!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablexrud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to Add Value!
    Posted: Aug/30/2017 at 11:00pm
Hey guys and gals! 

My name is Andrew Blexrud, and I am based in Madison, WI. I am a Volkswagen Westfalia lover, craft beer lover, and a father-to-be! 

A little back story: 

I was born and raised in a small town in SE Minnesota, have since lived in Denver, CO and now Madison, WI.

I launched a small business with my wife two years ago selling wedding decor, and have been happily self-employed now for just over a year. 

That business is my wife's passion, and it made it possible for both of us to quit our jobs and build our dream.

My passion since college has been to help small business owners. I started doing sales for Fastenal in college, was an outside sales rep for them in Thornton, CO for two years, and it really hit home for me how "alone" many small business owners were. It killed me to see people who had become my friends struggle to make their businesses grow. I did my best to provide the "tools" they need to grow (industrial supplies) but their marketing systems simply weren't providing for them.

I'm sure you can relate - billboards, radio ads, direct mail, it all costs a lot of money to execute. On top of that, the salesman tells you to "expect zero results from this." 

I started my marketing agency last year, and have since helped small business owners in various industries grow their businesses through coaching, and running Facebook Ads for them. 

My business partner's best friend owns a Financial Services Firm and has hired us to teach two of his employees how to generate leads with Facebook, which is the reason I am writing to you now. 

With any industry I've generated leads for (motorcycle dealerships, hair salons, business consultant, nursery, real estate teams, my business, restaurants) there's a learning curve to putting myself in the shoes of the business owner and being able to tell their story in a way that generates leads. 

I'm looking to you for advice, and collaboration to make this endeavor a success for not only my current client, but many other financial advisors in the future.

My team and I are in the process of creating an online course for our client's team, so that they have something to reference and learn from when we're not there in person. Once we can create results for this team, we are going to offer the course to their whole company of CFA's and CFP's. 

What I would LOVE from you is two things - I have a simple question to ask of you. Out of 100 responses, the most common answer will become the basis for one of our modules. 
Before I can put my knowledge to work for your industry, I need to know what you need from me first.

What is your #1 question about generating leads with Facebook for your business?

I would really appreciate it if you have the time to answer this question for me.
For those who do answer the question, I would like to offer you free enrollment in our course (unless this is against any terms of the forum). 

I refuse to charge for the course until I've had at least 50 CFA's or CFP's go through the course and get results. We're not ready to add people into the course yet, but we will be by September 15th.

Please understand that I'm not here to sell you anything. I'm simply looking to increase my knowledge in your industry so that I can help others like you grow their businesses. 

I understand how valuable this forum is for your industry. The last thing I want to do is tarnish it in any way. 

Thank you,

Andrew Blexrud
Drive Digital Marketing
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2017 at 11:15pm
Welcome.  How much weed do you smoke?

Never had a FB page and I guess my question is for the others.  I know many here use facebook for stalking women, pushing their kids in front of clients, and staying in front of clients; but am I really missing out as far as NEW business goes?  I don't really need one of my friends "tagging me" on a boat half drunk.

ablexrud View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablexrud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2017 at 11:38pm
I used to be able to grab a bag and head next door for a case of beer, but I don't smoke much anymore. Thanks for bringing back good memories. Smile

I won't bore you with the details, but Facebook is a great platform for getting in front of your customers and generating leads. I have yet to do it for your industry, but I know people that have great success with it. 

Although you and many of your peers may not use Facebook, the rest of the population spends an average of two hours a day on it. Connecting with your audience where they're at goes a long way. 

Compliance is a big fear for some, but putting a system in place where your compliance team reviews your posts isn't that hard.  

You know, one toke goes a long way if your arthritis ever acts up Wink
RIArules View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIArules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 12:41am
Welcome back, Scoobey!!
Is it too late to exhume Ken Starr?
Ironman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 1:17am
Originally posted by ablexrud ablexrud wrote:

What is your #1 question about generating leads with Facebook for your business?

My number one question is, give us the names and contact information of the three most successful advisors you've worked with and the amount of new assets directly attributable to your FB strategy. If you can't do that tell us how many motorcycles have been sold because what we do is pretty much like selling choppers. The backup to that would total number of pizzas.

My second question is, do you have the slightest clue about our industry? Do you know if there is anyone marketing these types of services to us who has a long track record of success specific to our work? Have you done even a cursory level of research?

My third question is where is Scooby and why have you kept her from us?

Oh, and the whole "I'm not here to sell you anything" won't fly here. Unless you're gathering data for your Ph.D. you're selling something. 

Edited by Ironman - Aug/31/2017 at 1:23am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 8:32am
Here is something I would buy...

You do it for me. I give you my login. I write you a check... At the end of the month, you hand me my keads. Then I write you another check. You stop giving me leads generated from social media on my behalf, I stop writing you checks.

Totally serious.
ablexrud View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablexrud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 10:16am
I thought it was pretty clear that i haven't worked with financial advisors before. Look, just because something is difficult doesn't mean it can't be done. I'm not one to quit on something or someone because it's "hard," if that's you than I don't care for your opinion. I'm going to work with my CFA client until we crack the code on getting him leads through Facebook. You can either sit back and watch, or you can figure this out with me and apply it to your business.

I love how you copied and pasted my question above your response, yet failed to answer it. I get your phd analogy, but I disagree. This is one of the only places online where I can exchange my value for knowledge in your industry. The truth about the motorcycle dealer is that we've gotten over 40 leads in the last month, with zero sales. What we have gotten is test drives, and the average new customer takes multiple visits to his shop before they buy anything.

I wouldn't toot your horn too much, as it's a lot less likely you'll get someone's butt on a Triumph than at your dinner
table.

I hate to be the one to break it to you boys, but Scooby is dead. X-(

I'm not going to waste other people's time asking them for exact ROI figures so that I can prove something to you. Chances are, you'll come up with another proof question that will waste my time as well. You can choose to believe me, or don't.

I have something of value to your industry, which is how to generate leads through Facebook. You guys have the knowledge to give me insight on how I can apply what I know to your industry. It's really not that crazy of a concept. $10B has been spent on their advertising this year, and it's only August.

Now Ironman, will you answer my question?
ablexrud View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablexrud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 10:18am
**10B spent in ads on Facebook
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 10:27am
Andrew, the lead-time for people to become clients is longer in our business. In other words, it's not an "impulse" buy.

I have found that Facebook (or any means, pretty much other than seminars) is a great way to attract interested prospects, but really it should be used to put people into a prospect funnel where you drip on them or provide them something of value.

In other words, you are not going for the "sale" through Facebook. You are basically using it to build a list. So you need a hook, or a value-add that you can provide them, that will get people interested in looking at you closer.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
ablexrud View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablexrud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 10:27am
Helado, completely understood. That's how we run marketing for all clients, aside from my new CFA client. Some people would rather have their employees trained than hire someone outside of the company.
If I don't make my clients a positive ROI one month, I work the next for free. And then next - until they're back in the green. I'm dead serious.

Why would I:
1. Take your money
2. Blow it
3. Say "sorry, I failed"

And then go do that to someone else? That's insanity. Unfortunately that's what many in my industry do.

I hold myself and my team accountable, I operate with authenticity and transparency, and I don't take any shit. I also don't need to sell my products to get the sale. My point of differentiation is that NO ONE else in my area will guarantee their work. I don't guarantee a certain number of leads, or a ROI figure. What I guarantee is that my team and I will stand by them no matter what. That's how you build lasting relationships in business.

Do you agree?
ablexrud View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablexrud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 10:40am
Hey B24, thanks for your response! I completely understand that your business is relational, not transactional. I also understand your compliance regulations, and how what you say to your audience is limited.

While I'm teaching these guys how to run ad campaigns, I'm also teaching them how to build funnels. I don't know if you're familiar with Russell Brunson, but we're going to use what we learned in Expert Secrets as well and creating a mindset module from that.

So, before they learn anything about ad campaigns, they'll have to get their mind right.

Definitely big on the email capture. My bigger thing is getting people into a FB group so that my client can build an audience and speak directly to them with things like FB live.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 10:50am
Andrew - I'm starting to like you. The funnel is just as valuable tho if they are qualified. Not your problem if we can't close them
ablexrud View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablexrud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 11:12am
I agree! I had to fire a salon client because she wouldn't make closing the leads a priority. People were saying "hey, take my money!" But they didn't call the leads.

We get you the leads, you close them. Rinse and repeat.
knuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 12:36pm
If a marketing company is running ads to gather leads/email addresses etc., why does compliance need to be an issue at all? I'm assuming that the ads are run by a marketing company page and not an advisor's page.
Insert signature here
ablexrud View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablexrud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 12:40pm
While the ads may be created by me, I run the ads under the business owner's FB page.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by ablexrud ablexrud wrote:

I agree! I had to fire a salon client because she wouldn't make closing the leads a priority. People were saying "hey, take my money!" But they didn't call the leads.

We get you the leads, you close them. Rinse and repeat.

Sign me up.  Again, serious. 
Chief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 3:27pm
Let Helado be the test... because she has the biggest BS detector here... 

PS your wife's website isn't working and you don't seem to have one Confused

Edited by Chief - Aug/31/2017 at 3:32pm
"You like winning don't you?" "Saves you from having to say the word please."

Good point Chief. Iceco1d 10/30/12
ablexrud View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablexrud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 4:28pm
Hey Chief, where did you find the links? I'm at www.drivedigitalmarketingagency.com and she's at bashcalligraphy.com

Edited by ablexrud - Aug/31/2017 at 4:38pm
ablexrud View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ablexrud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 4:31pm
Hey Helado, unfortunately we're not taking on new clients at this time. If you have 2-3 hours per week to devote to the course, I'd be more than happy to have you beta test the course for me as we create it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2017 at 6:02pm
Id rather just hire you to do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic