Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newly Licensed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesga2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newly Licensed
    Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 1:41pm
Hey all,
I'm a newly licensed college student starting my Senior year at a public university in NC. I'll be working with a pretty fresh RIA founded by a mentor who has been very supportive of me working in financial services. He's a great guy with a great network, but no clue how to grow and in my opinion little incentive to do so. I want to grow the hell out of this and put this firm on the map. I know when I graduate I'll be more able to pursue clientele, and have been tearing through books in our school library and various forums. Excited to get in touch with you all and hopefully be able to show off my growth soon.

Thanks
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 3:25pm
You are going to do well in this business!
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 3:30pm
You kids need to stop fapping in the library. For fucks sake.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by missionshooter missionshooter wrote:

You kids need to stop fapping in the library. For fucks sake.

Most successful careers here started in the library
jonesga2 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesga2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2018 at 8:42pm
Don't normally post much, but wanted to thank you guys that contribute and having a space here to see into the industry. 

Mentor mentioned above started talking to an indy firm nearby with the potential of him being their succession plan. Gave me an introduction to one of the other partners (not looking for succession), and when we met he just said he was impressed with how well I understood the industry and what was expected of me as a new advisor (salesman). After talking for a bit he offered to bring me on under his supervision, pay for me to test 7 and 63, and offered to cover B/D fees, office expenses, and a small salary until my production can take over soon. Honestly, I'm really excited for the opportunity and I contribute a solid chunk of my understanding to just digging through here and taking the incentive to teach myself the stuff i didn't know.

It seriously funny just how much I didn't know before joining.... theres a difference in RIA's and indy B/D's? What's t-12 mean? Payouts? WTF IS AN ACAT?!?!?!

All that to be said, I know I'm still green as hell and have a long way to go. I've got a ton to prove, and most of you probably don't give a shit about some kid out of college. Nevertheless I graduate in a month with a solid position lined up and tons of room to grow and i appreciate it like y'all don't even know
Thanks for it all

Iamlegend View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2018 at 9:58pm
T12 is your trailing 12 month gross production.
ACAT is an account transfer.
Payout is the % of your production that goes to you.

jonesga2 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesga2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2018 at 12:09am
Lol thanks for responding. I was making the point that i saw a bunch of this stuff here and looked it up, and i've learned a lot the past few months that way just reading everyone's posts. These were things I had no clue about but were able to teach myself and as small as it all is it's useful to know if I didn't want to sound totally clueless
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2018 at 12:20am
T-12 and AUM are things you should lie about to strangers on the internet so people might take you seriously.
SometimesNowhere View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SometimesNowhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2018 at 6:32am
Originally posted by helado helado wrote:

T-12 and AUM are things you should lie about to strangers on the internet so people might take you seriously.

This guy gets it.
BlncShtAffluent View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlncShtAffluent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2018 at 1:45am
Good luck to ya!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic