Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help- I want access to selling forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jboug4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help- I want access to selling forum
    Posted: Jan/04/2018 at 4:01pm
Hello my name is Jay and I need to get access to the prospecting marketing and selling section of the forum. I’m in the process of building my business and need all the help and input from successful practitioners. Can someone give me status to explore this information please?
PEACH_cm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEACH_cm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Jboug4 Jboug4 wrote:

Hello my name is Jay and I need to get access to the prospecting marketing and selling section of the forum. I’m in the process of building my business and need all the help and input from successful practitioners. Can someone give me status to explore this information please?
Hey Jay! You sure came to the right place. You must first PayPal your initiation fee before full access is granted.
Jboug4 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jboug4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2018 at 4:34pm
What is the initiation fee?
PEACH_cm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEACH_cm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2018 at 4:47pm

What is the initiation fee?
You clearly didn't read the Terms and Conditions. This now permanently bans your ability to access the forums. Good luck in your new career.
Fitness1983 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2018 at 4:56pm

There's a 10 post requirement I believe.

Spaceman Spiff View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2018 at 5:32pm

LOLLOLLOL - He thinks he's going to get real advice from us!!!LOLLOLLOL

luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2018 at 9:07pm
Go ahead and PM me and I'll give you an e-mail address to send the $1,000 to. You can be assured it will be some of the best money you've ever spent, outside of buying a qualified prospect list.
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
juandager View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juandager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2018 at 6:34pm
Jay, how strong is your basic marketing knowledge?

I would recommend you study the book "Principles of Marketing" by Kotler and Armstrong.
Jboug4 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jboug4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2018 at 8:01pm
Thank you! I appreciate the insight. I read Nick Murray and David Mullin. I’ve been making about 1800 calls a week and getting tons of leads, but I’m having challenges with opening new account when I show people proposals. It seems like ive shown 7 solid proposals and there is no open accounts and I’m already in my fourth month with my production number. Any directions here would be the biggest advice I need.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2018 at 8:54pm
Can you go into more detail about your process?

1,800 calls/week. I got that part. Are you saying you've held 7 appts and presented each with a proposal? Are these in person appts? What are the contents of the proposals? What qualifying questions do you ask that guide the construction of your proposals?

Are you saying zero new accounts in 4 months?

juandager View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juandager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2018 at 9:23pm
What product or service are you selling?

Try the AIDA model: Attention, interest, decision, action. It seems you are not getting a decision and an action from your prospective clients. You have to find out why!

Your marketing mix could be wrong. How is your price compared to your competitors'? Is your product what your clients need/want?

Also, are your customers understanding what you offer? People usually do not buy what they do not understand.

Finally, analyze the qualifying, winning, and losing elements of your product/service. As a follow up, call clients who almost bought your product, ask them if they are still interested. If not, get a quick survey from them about why not.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2018 at 9:56pm
Not sure what Juan is talking about.....sounds like vacuum sales. This business is about taking money that’s already invested (in 401k or other with other advisors) and bringing it in. 7 meetings = 7 reviews = problems that you can fix
Jboug4 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jboug4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 12:55am
I am selling wealth management and if I cannot do that I look for other needs like alternative investment exposures or tax free income to get a foot in the door. My proposals were all for Advisor services that is a goal based investment plan and maybe one or two has misunderstood the value which I can still work on, and they almost all still workable prospects. Only one gave me a hard no which was tough to swallow, but the point is that there is a clock and I am going to need to start bringing in revenue to keep my seat. So it seems like every non-immediately signing situation seems like a no. I Appreciate the feedback to re-evaluation of how I approached the opportunities and what am I selling. I feel like the firm I am a part of really emphasizing wealth management and I’ve seen some people have success with product pitch on these forums, so there is a bit of an identity crises on my end being New and secretly desperate to get business by hook or by crooke, within compliant means.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 1:06am

I am selling wealth management and if I cannot do that I look for other needs like alternative investment exposures or tax free income to get a foot in the door. My proposals were all for Advisor services that is a goal based investment plan and maybe one or two has misunderstood the value which I can still work on, and they almost all still workable prospects. Only one gave me a hard no which was tough to swallow, but the point is that there is a clock and I am going to need to start bringing in revenue to keep my seat. So it seems like every non-immediately signing situation seems like a no. I Appreciate the feedback to re-evaluation of how I approached the opportunities and what am I selling. I feel like the firm I am a part of really emphasizing wealth management and I’ve seen some people have success with product pitch on these forums, so there is a bit of an identity crises on my end being New and secretly desperate to get business by hook or by crooke, within compliant means.

I'm going to give you a MasterClass in motivation and sales/marketing in this one post:

A 'no' is not a no, until you know that they know, what they are saying no to.

If you are not clear on who you are and what you do... not only will you lose deals, but you won't have the 'stomach' to endure 'rejection'.

Rejection is 100% INTERNAL.  Why?  Because if you're solid on who you are, what you do, and why it's THE BEST way to go... and someone says 'no'... that's a pure business decision (and you can wonder what the hell is wrong with them, because it wasn't your strong offer that caused rejection, but their own circumstances).

Until you are solid in who you are, what you do, and why it's THE BEST way to go... you are going to feel DEPENDENT upon others to get paid.  You are NOT in a business of dependence.  Once you understand your value, then your job is simply to market and promote that value and see if that value proposition is a fit for those you are calling on.  That's not dependency.  That's INTERDEPENDENCE - according to Dr. Stephen R. Covey.

Until you know your value... you are rejecting yourself before you even 'get up to bat' because you are weak in how you articulate your value and you KNOW that you DESERVE that rejection because you haven't done your homework.  Fix that, learn how to market that... and everything else should improve for you.

Btw, selling is NOT about relationships.  Relationships begin AFTER the client signs the dotted line.  Never supplicate or feel that you have to "romance the money".  It's all about being strong in your value, providing that value, and not letting the client make a decision without all the information they need to consider.
https://hbr.org/2011/09/selling-is-not-about-relatio

Edited by D.H.K. - Jan/14/2018 at 1:13am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 5:08am
So do you have any production to speak of?
PEACH_cm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEACH_cm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 10:13am

If you do not get an experienced person to team up with you in order to close business then you will fail. Just set the appointment and keep your mouth shut.
Jboug4 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jboug4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 9:11pm
I appreciate your post. That does give clarity
Jboug4 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jboug4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 9:21pm
I’m at 2000 gross from some family account in my 4th month. I am challenged with my cold business which I have brought senior advisors on - they were unable to close. As the post above indicates, I want to learn to float on my own in the business. It’s been hard enough to get confidence by in how to crush a discovery meeting, now it’s been even tougher with the proposal meetings. It seemes like there is always another proposal they want to review or a need to take some time and think it over. I’m going at another 2 proposals this week. I’m booking new discovery like hot cake and it’s crazy that I have yet to see anything close. It’s good to have feedback from this board to pinpoint areas where I missed my bullseye. I want to be successful at this more than anything, but it clearly takes a lot more than booking meetings and getting in front of people which I have mastered.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 9:47pm
Geeze, there's so much to say.

Like was already suggested, you need a legit mentor to train you in real time.

Do you have stats beyond dials and proposals presented?

How many face to face appointments have you had.

Can you give us an idea of the language you use when making your presentations? Do you consider your self a strong sales person? On a personal note, why exactly are you in this profession? Beyond "wealth management" why value do you feel you deliver to your clients?

Just my perception but you come across as lacking confidence and conviction, are you taking any measures to improve this?

Are you able to prospect other ways?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 9:50pm
Jboug- you closing on the first appt? If so, stop now. Your “senior” guys should already know this. Sounds very transactional

First appt - discovery, get to know them, they leave statements with you, ask good questions- dates to retire, SS, needs, discussing contact from current advisor
2nd appt - you’re presenting solutions to meet their goals from first appt, pointing out problems with current situation

They don’t change advisors because your plan is so great. Fear is a better motivator over greed, so show them some shit they are doing that may get them in trouble or keep them from meeting their goals
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic