Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mandatory Introduction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mandatory Introduction
    Posted: Jul/23/2018 at 1:57am
Hello world.

Unlicensed outsider thinking of coming in. Looking to understand the role.

Cheers!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2018 at 7:05am
Welcome. What about the role are you interested in learning about?

Note: It’s a sales role almost exclusively for 3-5 years.
dasein View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2018 at 11:02pm
Just got through the process with EJ, and I am told by the recruiter they will be making an offer. Yes, I understand the front end sales load.

I have some thinking to do.

Most of what I want to learn is /Rumsfeild "unknown unknowns" /Rumsfeild

So I will survey the board and lurk for now.

dasein View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 8:56pm
A few referrals (lol) to a thread I would like to read, Wolf's thread? Probably about door knocking? Can anyone link it for me?

Thx.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 10:07pm
You’re off to a great start. Can’t search? And you’re “aware there is a front end sales load”

EJ is bringing a lot of great new members this week. Welcome
Fitness1983 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 10:31pm
Generally the less intelligent, the better we are at DK. You’ll do great
dasein View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2018 at 11:02pm
Yeah, I did a user search, a search with various forms of username wolf and terms doorknocking.nothing. Pretty sure I know how to search. Friendly bunch!

I have heard the search tools in forums often suck, so I didn’t make a huge effort.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2018 at 12:03am

Here you go, but everything you need to be successful will be on joneslink
dasein View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2018 at 1:25am
Thanks! No wonder I couldn't find it. "Thewolf22"

Thanks again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2018 at 10:06am
http://www.advisorheads.com/edward-jones-first-12-months_topic14477.html

The last 3 pages are a shit show
Ironman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2018 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

everything you need to be successful will be on joneslink

Testify
This is a place of welcoming and you should just get the hell out. Michael G. Scott.
dasein View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2018 at 9:46pm
Well, I guess I will find out, as I just agreed to the terms and will have an offer letter next week.

Pretty excited actually. I am no TheWolf22 but the idea of doorknocking does not frighten me one bit. I have done it a fair bit for political campaigns. 

Dunno (and I guess I will learn) if that will be the most productive way, but certainly not discouraged if it proves to be.

Big question is picking a territory. Apparently I need to lock that in when I come onboard. I am in a city of about 2 mil, so there are a few spots, the farther I go either the higher the demographic or the more virgin the territory. My partner's job is permanently located in a specific place, so either I commute, she commutes, or I work near her practice.

Anyhow, my life, chapter three (lol), here we go, page one. Guess I will have to create a pithy signature for this board.
dasein View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2018 at 10:04pm
How's this?
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury."
― Alexander Fraser Tytler
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by dasein dasein wrote:

Well, I guess I will find out, as I just agreed to the terms and will have an offer letter next week.

Pretty excited actually. I am no TheWolf22 but the idea of doorknocking does not frighten me one bit. I have done it a fair bit for political campaigns. 

Dunno (and I guess I will learn) if that will be the most productive way, but certainly not discouraged if it proves to be.

Big question is picking a territory. Apparently I need to lock that in when I come onboard. I am in a city of about 2 mil, so there are a few spots, the farther I go either the higher the demographic or the more virgin the territory. My partner's job is permanently located in a specific place, so either I commute, she commutes, or I work near her practice.

Anyhow, my life, chapter three (lol), here we go, page one. Guess I will have to create a pithy signature for this board.

Is she hot?
dasein View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2018 at 11:55pm
Yes
It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury."
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2018 at 9:41pm
Nice......
conquistador04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conquistador04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2018 at 11:34pm
Good luck
Ordo ad Chao
dasein View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2018 at 1:45am
Nice sig: 

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitness1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2018 at 11:41pm
At this stage of the game “your territory” doesn’t mean a damn thing. Nothing matters right now but names, numbers, and your state of mind. Collect the first two and learn how to manage the latter.

You’ll learn a lot about yourself over the next ______ , well, for as long as your grinding, I suppose
dasein View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2018 at 12:30pm
Interesting. They are telling me I really want to think about it, as I will want my office near where my clients are.

Issue is we are going to move at some point in the next 3 years, so thinking of the possible commutes. 

I think that I will save the stress and take the area around her practice, saves any future arguments over commutes, ect, and I think the EJ brand would do better there than in the higher demo as well.

It's a greying Italian neighbourhood (well, diverse really). 

That is where I will put the first pin on the map lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic