Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wish me luck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wish me luck
    Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 11:39am
I am registering to my new indy bd on monday and super excited to get started. I have 4 yrs of industry experience prior at other firms building and prospecting as well. I will be working out of my car and will have a virtual office and meeting room to meet with clients. I love this business and understand that I will go through a ton of rejection...my goal is to have 25 contacts a day or 125-200 a week. I'll be cold calling, door knocking, asking for referrals, and doing lunch and dinner seminars. wish me luck, i transfer my licenses this week!
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 12:54pm
So what do you have in assets:production after 4 years?
Good luck.
Jack50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 1:25pm
In the 4 yrs I’ve built a book of $14mm feebased. I produced 200,000 the full year last yr. I had some c shares, annuities and fixed income in addition to the feebased

Edited by Jack50 - Sep/23/2018 at 8:04pm
Jack50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 1:29pm
Im still relatively green in this business and at the same time setting up the business and arranging the office, accounting, llc, ect is like drinking from a firehose. Looking to get motivation from you all
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 3:30pm
Good luck. 🍀
Craig78738 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig78738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 6:22pm
Good luck Jack50!

Consider using a lead magnet. Have them find you. It's easier. 
Craig Andrews

Ask me how I helped a RIA achieve their best sales year in 14 years.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 7:44pm
He’s brought in 14 mil in 4 yrs and you’re trying to convince him to work less

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig78738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

He’s brought in 14 mil in 4 yrs and you’re trying to convince him to work less

Work smarter . . . not less. There's a difference. ;)

Craig Andrews

Jack50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Craig78738 Craig78738 wrote:

Good luck Jack50!

Consider using a lead magnet. Have them find you. It's easier. 

Thank you sir, will do!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig78738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 8:12pm
Jack50, for $1 you can find out how to run an election-year lead magnet at this link. Just use coupon code ADVISORHEADS. I'd set it to $0, but my technology doesn't let me. 
Craig Andrews

PEACH_cm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEACH_cm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 8:35pm

Jack50, for $1 you can find out how to run an election-year lead magnet at this link. Just use coupon code ADVISORHEADS. I'd set it to $0, but my technology doesn't let me. 
keep it to the vendor section

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig78738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by PEACH_cm PEACH_cm wrote:

For $1? Seriously? Just trying to be helpful. 
Craig Andrews

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 8:49pm

For $1? Seriously? Just trying to be helpful. 

He’s probably referring to your ulterior motive, since you sound like a broken record

So who’s gonna pay the dollar, watch the 30 min video, and testify to his helpfulness?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig78738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 9:31pm

He’s probably referring to your ulterior motive, since you sound like a broken record

So who’s gonna pay the dollar, watch the 30 min video, and testify to his helpfulness?

Ulterior motive? I think I've been pretty transparent. 

Jack50's plan of cold-calls, events, seminars, etc. sounds absolutely painful and dreadful. 

So, I'm showing a better way . .. that has a proven track record . . . and I'm showing how to do it for $1.  
(actually, I normally charge more, but I set it to $1 for folks on this forum to try to avoid the critics)

But it's always easier to criticize than to offer solutions. Smile

But this has been instructive. So, what do you think I should charge to make the training valuable? 
Craig Andrews

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2018 at 9:47pm
Why not just tell us why you’re here?
PEACH_cm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEACH_cm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 7:51am
Originally posted by helado helado wrote:

to sell his proven system....duh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig78738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 7:58am

to sell his proven system....duh

Didn't you guys read my into post? I've answered this question no less than 3-4 times ... once in great detail. 

BTW, I do appreciate the insights on managed futures. That was helpful. Thanks to all who responded. 
Craig Andrews

Hacksaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hacksaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 8:53am

Jack50's plan of cold-calls, events, seminars, etc. sounds absolutely painful and dreadful. 

So, I'm showing a better way . .. that has a proven track record . . . and I'm showing how to do it for $1.  
(actually, I normally charge more, but I set it to $1 for folks on this forum to try to avoid the critics)

But this has been instructive. So, what do you think I should charge to make the training valuable? 

Serious question:

If your proven track record brings in money like you say it does, why wouldn't you just work it yourself instead of trying to sell others on it?  
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Hacksaw Hacksaw wrote:

Serious question:

If your proven track record brings in money like you say it does, why wouldn't you just work it yourself instead of trying to sell others on it?  

If you're such a good financial advisor, why don't you just trade for your own account and make a killing, instead of trying to sell others on it?

Joking aside, I hear this argument all the time. There's a lot of people out there that are financial advisors but terrible marketers, and there are great marketers that are terrible financial advisors. There are also a lot of people that are absolutely hate being an advisor, but love marketing. What's more fun, the thrill of bringing people in, or sitting in front of Frank and Ethel, trying to explain Own vs. Loan?

"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 9:40am

"2b.) If you go to the link I provided, I'm pretty transparent about what I'm doing. It's 35 minutes of video that talks about how I ran this campaign before and the results we got. I show you all the pieces you need to run it yourself - including email sequences to send after they download the election report. It includes some enhancements based on what we learned the last time we ran it. If you go to the link, you'll see that I'm very upfront that my end-goal is that 3-5 people would reach out to ask us to run the campaign for them. It's consistent w/ our approach of adding value first (i.e. election report). Some people will want to engage further. Some won't. Either way, you get a proven blueprint that works. "
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic