Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alballer27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intro
    Posted: May/14/2019 at 11:42am
I am a licensed IAR working for an Independent fee-only advisor. 
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2019 at 12:17pm
In first
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2019 at 11:33pm
You are going to do well here!
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
Spaceman Spiff View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2019 at 9:49am

Al, who is evidently either really good at basketball or who thinks he's a big shot financial guru at the ripe old age of 27, doesn't realize that ballers don't work for other ballers.  Real ballers are the ballers and wannabe ballers do grunt work for them.

victorvickery View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victorvickery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 3:24am
I’m 30 years old in Sales and lead generation business I work with Landfall data.
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 6:46am
Victor,

You owe me money from that shitty list you sold me! Pay up bitch!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 7:28am
Well shit. Nice knowing you victor 😂
advisorman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advisorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 8:44pm
😆
King of sarcasm and speling
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 10:09pm
If you plan on selling leads on here, you need to keep it in the vendor section.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2019 at 10:28am
I've never understood the whole selling lists thing.  I understand from our side of the table why people might buy a list, but why would you sell a list? 

I get weekly emails from various sources telling me they've identified 50-75 people in my area who have more than $250K to rollover and don't have an advisor to assist them.  Would I be interested? 

My first thought is, of course I would.  But wait a minute.  You're going to sell me this list for let's say $300.  But theoretically, if I happened to land 50 people with $250K, I'll generate an additional $125K a year in fees @ 1%. 

If you're that good at finding those people, why don't I just hire you as my own personal leads generator? You find me two or three lists like that annually, I'll pay you a salary, plus a bonus.  If you can add appointment setter to your skillset, we're golden.

That leads me to think that those leads aren't worth crap.  Why else would anyone give up that kind of revenue generating potential for basically free?

Except that you've only got to find about 416 rubes in my same line of work that are willing to fork over that $300 and you've got that same $125K in your pocket.  Desperate people are often wiling to do some stupid stuff.  The reality is of those 50-75 people, if only 1-2 of them come through, which is likely if you're actively trying to pursue 50-75 real people with a real need, they'll count it as a victory and that was $300 well spent.    
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Al, who is evidently either really good at basketball or who thinks he's a big shot financial guru 

Hmmmmmm......New Member, self-proclaimed big-shot financial guru (-OR- great at sports)......who the fuck could this BE????

....it's like it's on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't place him.

I'm sure it will come to me soon enough......
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2019 at 10:45am

I've never understood the whole selling lists thing.  I understand from our side of the table why people might buy a list, but why would you sell a list? 

I get weekly emails from various sources telling me they've identified 50-75 people in my area who have more than $250K to rollover and don't have an advisor to assist them.  Would I be interested? 

My first thought is, of course I would.  But wait a minute.  You're going to sell me this list for let's say $300.  But theoretically, if I happened to land 50 people with $250K, I'll generate an additional $125K a year in fees @ 1%. 

If you're that good at finding those people, why don't I just hire you as my own personal leads generator? You find me two or three lists like that annually, I'll pay you a salary, plus a bonus.  If you can add appointment setter to your skillset, we're golden.

That leads me to think that those leads aren't worth crap.  Why else would anyone give up that kind of revenue generating potential for basically free?

Except that you've only got to find about 416 rubes in my same line of work that are willing to fork over that $300 and you've got that same $125K in your pocket.  Desperate people are often wiling to do some stupid stuff.  The reality is of those 50-75 people, if only 1-2 of them come through, which is likely if you're actively trying to pursue 50-75 real people with a real need, they'll count it as a victory and that was $300 well spent.     

The real scoop- The lists are bullshit, at least in the sense that they have a rollover and they are sitting there waiting on your call. All these list guys get leads from the same places. They can basically tell age, home value, and hopefully get you a working number. Some just do a better job spinning it - the rollover part. All of them know that if you call 1000 people, you’re bound to find a rollover in there and make their claim true.

At listshack, you can download all the names you could ever want for 50 bucks. Anyone paying more is retarded
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2019 at 10:55am
I think most of these services get their lists from InfoUSA. All the same bullshit, as you said.

You can find them cheaper some places, because they are older lists that have been sold probably hundreds of times.

But I will say, if you are actually looking for a legit list, InfoUSA probably has the most current data.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by B24 B24 wrote:

Al, who is evidently either really good at basketball or who thinks he's a big shot financial guru 

Hmmmmmm......New Member, self-proclaimed big-shot financial guru (-OR- great at sports)......who the fuck could this BE????

I see what you're saying, but this guy says he's working for someone else.  I don't this this is the droid you are looking for. 
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2019 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by B24 B24 wrote:

I see what you're saying, but this guy says he's working for someone else.  I don't this this is the droid you are looking for. 

I was just busting. Funny that you caught on though. LOL

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2019 at 2:16pm
I’d like to see a new thread with potential usernames for him
Omar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2019 at 11:46am
Funny, I feel like in the last few years I've become a prospect in the eyes of every service out there designed to provide me leads.  Hunter has become hunted.
RIAs have been nonstop with their investment philosophy pitches on why they should manage my clients money, people selling lists, people selling business buying opportunities, technology, etc.
Shit, everyone is looking for subscription based revenue these days.
The game is out there. Either play or get played.
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2019 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Omar Omar wrote:

Funny, I feel like in the last few years I've become a prospect in the eyes of every service out there designed to provide me leads.  Hunter has become hunted.
RIAs have been nonstop with their investment philosophy pitches on why they should manage my clients money, people selling lists, people selling business buying opportunities, technology, etc.

No doubt. 
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2019 at 12:00pm

I must get at least one connection request a WEEK from a "consultant" through LinkedIn that claims to have the power to deliver unlimited referrals, leads, etc.

I stopped accepting connection requests a year ago from any of these people. 

PEACH_cm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEACH_cm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2019 at 12:06pm

that is because most money managers realize the vast majority of FAs are terrible about managing money. Problem is until consumers become more educated the bad FAs continue to make bank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic