Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John from Altruist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jscianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John from Altruist
    Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 11:13am
Hello,

I'm not an advisor so not sure I'm allowed, but have been in the industry for over 3 years now as a designer and marketer. I thought it'd be great to interact with more advisors to get to know the industry more intimately and possibly get feedback on our product designs and messages (not a salesperson, promise).

If that's kosher, here's a little about me:

• Started in the financial industry as a graphic designer at a TAMP called FormulaFolios
  • Moved into a creative director role and managed a team helping advisors with their brands and marketing
  • Followed our CEO to his new venture at Altruist as the Head of Design

It's been an interesting ride, looking forward to getting to know y'all.
PEACH_cm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEACH_cm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 11:42am
In first
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 11:54am
What is Altruist?
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
jscianna View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jscianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 12:58pm
A commission-free digital investment platform for advisors. You can check us out at altruist.com. We'll be at XYPN Live and Wealth/Stack giving demos (I'll be at the XYPN booth).
Nathan Explosion View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Explosion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by jscianna jscianna wrote:

A commission-free digital investment platform for advisors. You can check us out at altruist.com. We'll be at XYPN Live and Wealth/Stack giving demos (I'll be at the XYPN booth).

Will that booth be anywhere near the Michael Kitces wings eating contest or FPA Smugfest booth
jscianna View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jscianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Nathan Explosion Nathan Explosion wrote:

Originally posted by jscianna jscianna wrote:

Will that booth be anywhere near the Michael Kitces wings eating contest or FPA Smugfest booth

Confused

Edited by jscianna - Aug/31/2019 at 4:04pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 1:24pm
Jason Wenk is the CEO. Why does that name sound familiar?
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 2:13pm
wait, jason wenk is joining this forum again?
ClarenceBeeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarenceBeeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 2:36pm
Do you have to be gay to join the XY Planning Network? Or is it just strongly encouraged?
Good luck and good selling.
jscianna View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jscianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by missionshooter missionshooter wrote:

wait, jason wenk is joining this forum again?

Didn't know he was a member. But no. He's our CEO.
jscianna View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jscianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

Jason Wenk is the CEO. Why does that name sound familiar?

He's an advisor and has been in the industry for quite some time, sounds like he might've been around here at some point. Or maybe you were targeted with one of our ads.
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by ClarenceBeeks ClarenceBeeks wrote:

Do you have to be gay to join the XY Planning Network? Or is it just strongly encouraged?

??
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
ClarenceBeeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarenceBeeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by B24 B24 wrote:

??

Kitces’ pinkie ring .... sayin’.
Good luck and good selling.
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 4:18pm

??

I'm not sure you have looked at the staff page for the XY Planning Network.
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 5:02pm

??

He's married with kids.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
Nathan Explosion View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Explosion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 5:36pm

??

He's married with kids.

So was Vito Spatafore
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Moraen Moraen wrote:

??

I'm not sure you have looked at the staff page for the XY Planning Network.

Above average looking group imo
Wet_Blanket View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Team America (not iMo)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wet_Blanket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Nathan Explosion Nathan Explosion wrote:

??

He's married with kids.

So was Vito Spatafore
I've met Michael plenty of times. I think you guys would actually like him if you met him.
The true 🤡 was the Biden voter all along.
TheStupidInvestor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheStupidInvestor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2019 at 10:56pm
bring altruist to Canada please!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2019 at 12:20am
And take the founder with you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic