Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hey Everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctperlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Everyone!
    Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 1:25am
Hey Everyone!

I am set to join EJ in 2 weeks. I have 3 years experience as an investment advisor. Unfortunately, my licenses expired after I joined the US Army as a commissioned officer back in 2011. 

I am looking forward to gaining some insightful information from this forum as well as providing some of my own as well!

luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 7:35am
In first.
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 4:34pm
Welcome
Spaceman Spiff View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by luvindy luvindy wrote:

In first.
OK, gotta ask.  What kind of prize do you get by getting in first?  Are there AH bux floating around that you can spend in the gift shop? 
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff Spaceman Spiff wrote:

In first.
OK, gotta ask.  What kind of prize do you get by getting in first?  Are there AH bux floating around that you can spend in the gift shop? 

The AH lead generation service. The next lead goes directly to luvindy.
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Moraen Moraen wrote:

In first.

It's this.

The AH Bux program was suspended when we quit doing the Saturday BBQ Promo.

8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
ClarenceBeeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarenceBeeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2019 at 11:12pm
In fifth!!! This thread is going to be legendary. Almost as good as “John from Altruist.”
Good luck and good selling.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 9:43am

In first.

It's this.

WE QUIT DOING THE SATURDAY BBQ PROMO!?!?!   How come nobody told me?  You mean I've been eating BBQ in my office by myself for all these years and I don't even get any AH Bux?  Sheesh.  You guys are awesome.  Ouch
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 10:00am

In first.

It's this.

WE QUIT DOING THE SATURDAY BBQ PROMO!?!?!   How come nobody told me?  You mean I've been eating BBQ in my office by myself for all these years and I don't even get any AH Bux?  Sheesh.  You guys are awesome.  Ouch

I think I still have a BBQ set in my garage from that ridiculous time in my life. I remember how much I fucking hated that. That felt like the low point in my advisory career. Some RL or Growth Coordinator or someone telling us "you have to sign in, and if you don't, you're gonna get a call from the home office."

I was like WTF, am I 16? Go fuck yourself. That was my first year, and I knew at that point that I had made a mistake and was not staying with Jones.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by B24 B24 wrote:

In first.

It's this.

I think I still have a BBQ set in my garage from that ridiculous time in my life. I remember how much I fucking hated that. That felt like the low point in my advisory career. Some RL or Growth Coordinator or someone telling us "you have to sign in, and if you don't, you're gonna get a call from the home office."

I was like WTF, am I 16? Go fuck yourself. That was my first year, and I knew at that point that I had made a mistake and was not staying with Jones.

Yup.  I've made a terrible mistake.
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 10:51am
I guess it's different when you're in my area.  Home office used to make a big deal out of those days back when we were dialing for dollars.  All of the STL regions would go to North Campus and make phone calls from the many training rooms there.  Then they'd have BBQ catered in for lunch.  New FAs actually made phone calls while the vets sat around and did a lot of looking busy.  It wasn't bad. 
They don't do that anymore.  We're all supposed to go to our offices and sign in so the region gets some sort of credit and therefore $$ for a certain % of participation.  Lame.   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarenceBeeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 11:15am
I actually liked the Shamrock Saturday promos back in the day. Jack Cahill, an excellent FA and my trainer leader as a newbie, would dress up as a leprechaun and dance around the home office cracking jokes and motivating the sales force. He was a genuine great guy, unlike the brainwashed clone GPs we have now.
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 11:42am
Spiff and Beeks, you just clearly illustrated exactly why I needed out.

Maybe it was my background. I just could never get into rah-rah bullshit at work. I don't need pom-pom's and adults dressed up in Halloween costumes to get me motivated. Nor do I need to sign in to work. I haven't punched a clock since 1993. I wasn't planning to start.

"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 11:52am
Same.

And I always hated working on a team. Always carried losers on my back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarenceBeeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 12:07pm

Maybe it was my background. I just could never get into rah-rah bullshit at work. I don't need pom-pom's and adults dressed up in Halloween costumes to get me motivated. Nor do I need to sign in to work. I haven't punched a clock since 1993. I wasn't planning to start.

Understandable. And I don’t disagree with you. It’s all really gay AF. Punching a clock eh? Maybe you need a therapist to work out your lingering anger toward the firm.
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 12:56pm
I loved how market movements or clients' best interest be damned, people would sit on rollover checks so they could enter trades on those promo days to win a prize, or similarly on the last Wednesday of the month if they had a good month so they could pad the following month and get off to a good start.

8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by ClarenceBeeks ClarenceBeeks wrote:

Understandable. And I don’t disagree with you. It’s all really gay AF. Punching a clock eh? Maybe you need a therapist to work out your lingering anger toward the firm.

Nah, at the time I needed a therapist to keep from punching Tom Bartow in the face. Little Napoleon rat fuck. "Excuse me, I don't think I heard you ask for the order". Angry

Now I just laugh at the joke that is Jones.

Hacksaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hacksaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by helado helado wrote:

Same.

And I always hated working on a team. Always carried losers on my back.

I'm the opposite - always loved being on a team.  Except I was always the leader/captain. Which is why I was always a horrible employee
advisorman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advisorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2019 at 4:10pm
Did Matt Doran hire you? He was the only legit guy I met there from the home office. He started pushing fee based hard and they put him in charge of armed forces recruiting.
King of sarcasm and speling
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic