Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello! Newly Licenced in the FADP with ML/BofA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrayfinancial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello! Newly Licenced in the FADP with ML/BofA
    Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 2:40pm
Hello everyone. Wanted to make a quick intro post. I hate talking about myself, especially in this fashion so I'll just share some basic highlights...

- Newly licensed advisor working at Merrill (series 7/66)
- Life insurance licenced as well
- Currently in pre-production until end of April, meaning i need to get a pipeline going fast
- I live in Kentucky and am registered in a couple of surrounding states
- I have a wife, kids, pets...
- I'm fairly new to the industry overall
- Found this website from another website when I was up past 2am looking for ways to generate leads online (thanks to the coronavirus, my favorite way to prospect - D2D - had to be put on hold)

Okay, that should do it. Nice to meet everyone!

Edited by jrayfinancial - Mar/24/2020 at 2:42pm
Conrad Dobler View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Dobler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by jrayfinancial jrayfinancial wrote:

Hello everyone. Wanted to make a quick intro post. I hate talking about myself, especially in this fashion so I'll just share some basic highlights...

- Currently in pre-production until end of April, meaning i need to get a pipeline going fast
- Found this website from another website when I was up past 2am looking for ways to generate leads online (thanks to the coronavirus, my favorite way to prospect - D2D - had to be put on hold)

Keep your resume updated and handy.
jrayfinancial View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrayfinancial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Conrad Dobler Conrad Dobler wrote:

Keep your resume updated and handy.

Why? ...that bad huh? *sigh*
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 3:04pm
This industry is hard as hell as it is.  Let alone not being able to meet with people face to face during your first months of production.

Although time will tell, if you don't hit production until late April, it may be a great time to reach people on the phone, and maybe by summertime you can see people face to face after dripping on them.  

Either way, you're certainly being baptized by fire.  
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 3:36pm
Welcome! 
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 4:57pm
I miss SometimesNowhere.

8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by luvindy luvindy wrote:

I miss SometimesNowhere.

AbsolutelyCry
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrayfinancial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 5:33pm
Thanks helado, and yes that's the plan. Make as many contacts as I can, get as much people plugged into the eCommunication drip plans, and build as big of a pipeline as I can between now and end of April. 

I'm doing a LinkedIn/Sales Navigator strategy of targeting specific industries and reaching out to people who just changed jobs, who are active on the platform, and who are a 1st/2nd degree connection. My goal is to send 100 targeted connection requests a day. My ask is to review their portfolio statements and consolidate assets.

What would help me (I think) is to have access to a large list (1,000+) of "qualified" leads (as in name, phone, & address of people who most likely meet my minimum investable asset level of $250,000). That way I can just call through 200 names a day and play the numbers out. I suck at list building and I don't have the patience to search through a dozen websites just to find a phone, or email, or mailing address that MIGHT be accurate. 
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrayfinancial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Ron 14 Ron 14 wrote:

Welcome! 

Thanks for the Welcome! I hope all is well your way!
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrayfinancial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 5:35pm

I miss SometimesNowhere.

LOL What is "SometimesNowhere"?
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 5:38pm

Thanks helado, and yes that's the plan. Make as many contacts as I can, get as much people plugged into the eCommunication drip plans, and build as big of a pipeline as I can between now and end of April. 

I'm doing a LinkedIn/Sales Navigator strategy of targeting specific industries and reaching out to people who just changed jobs, who are active on the platform, and who are a 1st/2nd degree connection. My goal is to send 100 targeted connection requests a day. My ask is to review their portfolio statements and consolidate assets.

What would help me (I think) is to have access to a large list (1,000+) of "qualified" leads (as in name, phone, & address of people who most likely meet my minimum investable asset level of $250,000). That way I can just call through 200 names a day and play the numbers out. I suck at list building and I don't have the patience to search through a dozen websites just to find a phone, or email, or mailing address that MIGHT be accurate. 

Keep in mind this site has good information and good guys, but you will have to dance around 95% nonsense to get there. 

LinkedIn strategy sounds solid. Keep us informed. 
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 5:38pm

I miss SometimesNowhere.

LOL What is "SometimesNowhere"?

A member who hasn't been around a while

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 5:39pm
Listshack will get you that cheap. They changed names but google it. Unlimited for 50 bucks or something crazy low

I actually think it’s a good time to get started with a name behind you like ML. I’ll get blasted for this too, but no is sending statements to b24 advisors or Moraen financial right now with no F2F interaction if they are not a warm lead, but they just might at ML
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 5:40pm

Thanks <span style="font-size: 11px; : rgb248, 248, 252;">helado, and yes that's the plan. Make as many contacts as I can, get as much people plugged into the eCommunication drip plans, and build as big of a pipeline as I can between now and end of April. 

What would help me (I think) is to have access to a large list (1,000+) of "qualified" leads (as in name, phone, & address of people who most likely meet my minimum investable asset level of $250,000). That way I can just call through 200 names a day and play the numbers out. I suck at list building and I don't have the patience to search through a dozen websites just to find a phone, or email, or mailing address that MIGHT be accurate. </span>

Keep in mind this site has good information and good guys, but you will have to dance around 95% nonsense to get there. 

Case in point 🤷‍♂️
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrayfinancial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 5:49pm

Roger that. Thanks Ron, will do.
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrayfinancial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

Listshack will get you that cheap. They changed names but google it. Unlimited for 50 bucks or something crazy low

I actually think it’s a good time to get started with a name behind you like ML. I’ll get blasted for this too, but no is sending statements to b24 advisors or Moraen financial right now with no F2F interaction if they are not a warm lead, but they just might at ML

Listshack, never heard of that. Will look that up now, thanks!

...and shoot man, don't get my hopes up LOL I'll keep everyone posted on my progress - good or bad.
Wet_Blanket View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Team America (not iMo)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wet_Blanket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 6:13pm
What did you do before coming into this industry?
The true 🤡 was the Biden voter all along.
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrayfinancial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Wet_Blanket Wet_Blanket wrote:

What did you do before coming into this industry?

I was in direct sales and marketing. I sold cable-tv/internet, merchant processing, and business supplies and solutions...then did marketing/branding work for American Express. Lot's of transactional, one-and-done stuff. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic