Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Edward Jones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTheWorld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Edward Jones
    Posted: Apr/05/2020 at 8:22pm
I'm a stereotypical Edward Jones career changer: I was a middle school science teacher for 10 years and computer trainer before that. I've also coached people on goal setting/time management/prioritizing. I'm a teacher at heart. And when I think about the role of Financial Advisor, I think "teacher" (just MUCH better paid and teaching people that WANT to be there)

I'm starting Field Foundations (5 weeks of prospecting and trying to build a list of people to call once I get licensed) and am very nervous since we are not able to go door-to-door or really talk to strangers. I have to rely on my own network of friends and family. I do have a few networking friends to call on but only enough to have me on the phone for a week. After I burn through those lists, what to do??

So I'm here for advice/ideas.  Thank you so much in advance!!
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2020 at 8:26pm
Welcome!
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2020 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by CTheWorld CTheWorld wrote:

I'm a stereotypical Edward Jones career changer: I was a middle school science teacher for 10 years and computer trainer before that. I've also coached people on goal setting/time management/prioritizing. I'm a teacher at heart. And when I think about the role of Financial Advisor, I think "teacher" (just MUCH better paid and teaching people that WANT to be there)

I'm starting Field Foundations (5 weeks of prospecting and trying to build a list of people to call once I get licensed) and am very nervous since we are not able to go door-to-door or really talk to strangers. I have to rely on my own network of friends and family. I do have a few networking friends to call on but only enough to have me on the phone for a week. After I burn through those lists, what to do??

So I'm here advice/ideas.  Thank you so much in advance!!

Listshack - $50 a month, cancel at any time, enter parameters, smile and dial introducing yourself to those in the area with a subtle offer to keep in touch with them with ideas from time to time
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2020 at 9:38pm
I hear your sales quotas will be reduced. Take it easy . Dont stress Yourself out. Trust the process. You'll be a yuge success!
mindtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2020 at 9:24am

Once you burn through your network, press your BOA hard for her friends and family.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2020 at 10:04am
Originally posted by mindtech mindtech wrote:

Once you burn through your network, press your BOA hard for her friends and family.

EJ is now the same as the whole life companies. Every interaction should be awkward because you’re hitting her hard for her sisters phone number
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2020 at 10:57am
^ this and the way the life companies do it is absolutely disgusting
CTheWorld View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTheWorld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2020 at 11:18am
Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

EJ is now the same as the whole life companies. Every interaction should be awkward because you’re hitting her hard for her sisters phone number

Ummm...NO. Not really my style. I'm probably going to buy a call list and work that angle just until doors are open again. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2020 at 1:19pm

Ummm...NO. Not really my style. I'm probably going to buy a call list and work that angle just until doors are open again. 

It was a joke dude, but you’re in trouble either way

Serious pointer - don’t make those cold calls from your office phone. I recommend google voice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2020 at 1:51pm
Pick up the phone !!
mindtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2020 at 2:52pm

Serious pointer - don’t make those cold calls from your office phone. I recommend google voice

To CTheWorld listen to bc2051. He knows his shit. Also, I too recommend google voice. If FSD finds out your cold calling, you will dragged to the gulag 
mindtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2020 at 3:06pm

To CTheWorld listen to bc2051. He knows his shit. Also, I too recommend google voice. If FSD finds out your cold calling, you will dragged to the gulag 

Oh wait. If FSD finds out your using google voice, its still off to the gulag....

..... get back to door knocking
apelila View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apelila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2020 at 4:18pm
Am I missing something? Why is no one talking about creating relationships with COI's or about creating an online prospecting process that starts with...you guessed it...creating relationships?

Do they count approaches/attempts or only successful add's to the pipeline toward your Field Foundations completion?

Edited by apelila - May/26/2020 at 4:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2020 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by apelila apelila wrote:

Am I missing something? Why is no one talking about creating relationships with COI's or about creating an online prospecting process that starts with...you guessed it...creating relationships?

Do they count approaches/attempts or only successful add's to the pipeline toward your Field Foundations completion?

Introduce yourself first! We all want to welcome you Lila.
apelila View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apelila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2020 at 5:35pm
Pardon my poor manners. Been registered here for years but rather quiet for a long time. I've been in and around the FinServ industry for nearly 3 decades (did I say that?). I love love love the hardworking people in our industry. I do get frustrated with what can sometimes be antiquated teachings on how to be successful in it. 

I've been a licensed producer in the past and keep my fingers on the pulse of what's going in our every day FinServ world. I'm quite opinionated at times yet it's because I firmly believe we can create companies in a way that ensures we have a lifestyle and a business we love. {end of soapbox}

Edited by apelila - May/26/2020 at 5:56pm
skikab View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skikab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2020 at 5:23pm

This is too real...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic