Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
socalfa View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socalfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: Sep/06/2020 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Ncoke Ncoke wrote:

Thank you, The Kool aid is getting me some training and my 7/66 paid for so I'm happy. It's my first job in the industry and I liked the people in the office more than other firms I talked to. I never signed a guardian FR contract and as far as I know I'm an independent agent and not captive to guardian products. What I was told is that when I'm securities liscenced I will be a 1099 for PAS. Is PAS a shitty BD? I made sure there was no non compete during my interviews. The panning is done with the living balance sheet. I'm not a big fan of the software, but it will make do for now.

I don't know Guardian specifically, but from experiencing other insurance based b/ds: "made sure there was no non compete during my interviews" is not meaningful. The interviewers will say anything and if it's not written down, doesn't matter. 

You might be a statutory employee, bastard child between 1099/W2 for insurance salesmen specifically.

Anyway if they get you the 7/66 that's good enough, but read your contract closely.... That, and not whatever the interviewer said, is what will eventually matter.
PEACH_cm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEACH_cm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2020 at 10:51pm
I am not very familiar with guardian contracts but I guarantee you are considered a career agent.

Edited by PEACH_cm - Sep/04/2020 at 10:51pm
Ncoke View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ncoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2020 at 10:46pm

Edited by Ncoke - Sep/04/2020 at 10:47pm
Ncoke View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ncoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2020 at 10:42pm
I'm sitting at home fuckin shaking.
Ncoke View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ncoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2020 at 10:36pm
Thank you, The Kool aid is getting me some training and my 7/66 paid for so I'm happy. It's my first job in the industry and I liked the people in the office more than other firms I talked to. I never signed a guardian FR contract and as far as I know I'm an independent agent and not captive to guardian products. What I was told is that when I'm securities liscenced I will be a 1099 for PAS. Is PAS a shitty BD? I made sure there was no non compete during my interviews. The panning is done with the living balance sheet. I'm not a big fan of the software, but it will make do for now.
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2020 at 10:25pm
I was gone for a few days but this thread was a sweet taste of satisfaction to come back to.

8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
advisorman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advisorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2020 at 4:50pm
i just like to keep it light around here
King of sarcasm and speling
Hacksaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hacksaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2020 at 8:08am
A “boutique firm”
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2020 at 6:38am
Originally posted by mindtech mindtech wrote:

Originally posted by advisorman advisorman wrote:

I thought the Guardian was a newspaper

Are you really trying to give credibility to a left wing click bait rag website?

He said the Guardian, not SkyNews.
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
mindtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2020 at 1:16am

Are you really trying to give credibility to a left wing click bait rag website?
mindtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2020 at 10:38pm
$50 says the original poster ain't coming back. Kids are soft these days.
Conrad Dobler View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Dobler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2020 at 10:20pm
I think I used to use your home security service.
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2020 at 8:25pm

The Guardian
advisorman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advisorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2020 at 8:00pm
King of sarcasm and speling
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2020 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

I think it’s actually spelled wholistic

I thought it was 'whorelistic"
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
memphis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote memphis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2020 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by bc2051 bc2051 wrote:

LOL

Seriously, though, if you expect to sell a lot of whole life at least make sure your renewals are vested.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2020 at 3:39pm
memphis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote memphis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2020 at 3:35pm
Ncoke, let not your heart be troubled. Almost everyone here has tasted kool-aid of one flavor or another. Keep going and you'll find some really useful stuff here. And let me say, welcome to the business. 

That an agency fed you the "not an affiliate or subsidiary" line is worrisome. If you signed an FR contract as a career agent, you are an employee of Guardian - with all the good and bad that entails. If this is a Guardian agency, all securities business is going through Park Avenue Securities, of which you will be an employee once you pass your 6/7. PAS is owned by Guardian. You can offer your clients what they tell you to offer. You may have a non-compete. "Holistic" financial planning is done via their proprietary software system, Living Balance Sheet. It's based on LEAP / Circle of Wealth concepts and heavily pushes the sale of whole life products. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2020 at 2:17pm
You won't be able to ignore the haters if you're still at Guardian.

It's a shit business model.  You can get rich doing it their way, but you won't sleep well at night.  At least you shouldn't.
Wet_Blanket View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Team America (not iMo)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wet_Blanket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2020 at 1:46pm
Stay strong new guy.  Once you make it past the introductory posts you can read all the great content on here and ignore the haters.
The true 🤡 was the Biden voter all along.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic