Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie Introduction Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SometimesNowhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by mlgone mlgone wrote:

your a Fly?  Now that is just wierd

What's weird is the number of ways you butchered the English language in your post. I think there are actually more grammatical errors than words, which I didn't know was possible. Wink
Indyone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 3:15pm
Mods - please change "ass" to "grammar".
"Independence is like the Berlin Wall. People are only jumping in one direction." - Philip Palaveev - November 2005. "You are never free...unless you are independent..." - Indyone - May 2005.
mlgone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Indyone Indyone wrote:

LOL...you're in, Superfly...

I really like how this new system gets some of our bashful people to post...at least a little...Wink

you talking about me again?
bustin members BS... day after day.
mlgone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by SometimesNowhere SometimesNowhere wrote:

your a Fly?  Now that is just wierd

What's weird is the number of ways you butchered the English language in your post. I think there are actually more grammatical errors than words, which I didn't know was possible. Wink

Spellcheck is the demise of grammer in this country.  But I like it
Lawrence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 4:42pm
btw: nice use of the word grammer.

"If you don't see it as an insult that he is watching your mom, spread eagle, taking in an object from another female then I can't help you." Ron14
EDJFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EDJFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 5:35pm
Lawrence is my life partner...his mustache is adorable.
Dwight Schrute View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dwight Schrute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 7:55pm
I've been an active participant in the old forums until they fucked up the format.  Lurked here but never registered.  The day you got rid of that asshole troll I decided to register.  15 years in the biz, with a wirehouse and I produce 1Million a year.  Don't care about being an indy or a cfp; too close to retirement.  Built my business from cold calling and hard work.
Tony Montana View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Montana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Dwight Schrute Dwight Schrute wrote:

I've been an active participant in the old forums until they fucked up the format.  Lurked here but never registered.  The day you got rid of that asshole troll I decided to register.  15 years in the biz, with a wirehouse and I produce 1Million a year.  Don't care about being an indy or a cfp; too close to retirement.  Built my business from cold calling and hard work.

Is this Bondguy incognito?
I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Hacksaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hacksaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 8:09pm
I'm a newbie who just started production 2 weeks ago. Teach me oh wise ones.
opyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 9:53pm
The equity indexed annuity guy knows my story (fahnestock dallas)..let me in please.
keep choppin
mlgone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 10:00pm
nothing like a good reference
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 10:03pm

LOLLOLLOL
Indyone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 10:47pm

You're right...that is nothing like a good reference.

Welcome, opyguy.  I think most everyone here is committed to keeping trolls out.  Your reference definitely qualifies, IMO.
"Independence is like the Berlin Wall. People are only jumping in one direction." - Philip Palaveev - November 2005. "You are never free...unless you are independent..." - Indyone - May 2005.
chumlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2010 at 12:22am
I'm chumlee. Long time listener, first time caller.
LA Broker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LA Broker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2010 at 1:03am
Hello
Six year veteran FA out in Los Angeles, but a midwestern guy at heart.  Love to wax surfboards and watch Brett Favre throw touchdowns on Ron14's team. 
I have my CFP but am a salesperson first.  I believe in asset allocation and a good muni portfolio and focus my efforts more on gathering assets than picking stocks. 
I would tell you my firm but I prefer if Biofreeze not call my company.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Winston Churchill
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2010 at 7:13am
Originally posted by LA Broker LA Broker wrote:

Hello
Six year veteran FA out in Los Angeles, but a midwestern guy at heart.  Love to wax surfboards and watch Brett Favre throw touchdowns on Ron14's team. 
I have my CFP but am a salesperson first.  I believe in asset allocation and a good muni portfolio and focus my efforts more on gathering assets than picking stocks. 
I would tell you my firm but I prefer if Biofreeze not call my company.

Bio is not here.
incognito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incognito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2010 at 7:46am
14 year rep here, moving from buy-and-hold- asset allocation to a more tactical approach, along the lines of what Chief does.  Also on the path to indy an have spoken with many of the b/d's recommended here, and a call to Fred is coming up next. I was on RR for a while under a different name, changed it here because it was somewhat traceable.
Indyone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2010 at 10:58am
Incognito...my approach is tactical also.  As a matter of fact, that's LPL research's approach.  See the thread about leaving your firm in the indy section.  It's a work in progress, but has a lot of what I learned in my move five years ago.

...and for all of you concerned about Biofreeze, I think we, as a group are committed to keeping him out of here.  If you think you see him post, point it out and I'm confident it will be checked out and banned as necessary.  Until someone (troll or otherwise) posts, they are locked out of the rest of the forum, so you should be able to post more info about your situation elsewhere here, if you want.
Jack the Bear View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack the Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2010 at 2:05pm
Like most of you, was over at RR and then came here.

I have been in the business since 1998, mainly on the institutional side, but decided to go the retail route after a series of layoffs.

Looking forward to hearing new, and sharing, ideas.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2010 at 2:12pm
I'm a troll.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>
  Share Topic