Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie Introduction Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 35>
Author

Chief Recruiter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 10:58pm
Big East? They have what three mens teams and one or two womens?
Check the charts: October 3, 1974 = March 9, 2009   Quit making excuses and sell something!!

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. - Henry Ford
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 10:59pm
I'm not against womens sports, but I certainly can't qualify which ones are good in which conferences. I know women's basketball seems to be basically UConn , Tennesse and a bunch of other teams here and there.
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 10:59pm
zzzzzzz.........

Its all gay. I don't care if you went to Harvard, Northwestern, Stanford. I could care less about your chance of success.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:02pm
You guys shouldn't debate Ron on sports.  That's just a recipe for getting owned!
Sportsfreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wise Old Perv and CTO of AH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sportsfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:04pm
Tonight, you guys shouldn't debate Ron on anything. Wait till he sobers up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by iceco1d iceco1d wrote:

You guys shouldn't debate Ron on sports.  That's just a recipe for getting owned!

Jay Cutler rocks.
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:09pm
Last year he sucked. I believe this year he will be much better, but I drink Bears Kool aid!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Ron 14 Ron 14 wrote:

Last year he sucked. I believe this year he will be much better, but I drink Bears Kool aid!

Martz's system require pass protection long enough to find receiver 20 yds downfield.  This does not play well into the Bear's personel.
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:22pm
I agree.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:24pm
Is there any irony in Mike Martz now working UNDER Lovie Smith?

Originally posted by Primo Primo wrote:

Martz's system require pass protection long enough to find receiver 20 yds downfield. 

Really?  I thought his system only required the overrated QB to dump the ball to Marshall Faulk 3 yards from the line of scrimmage, and let him run with it?  Which he could of course do at will, because Holt and Bruce (and they had a solid 3rd WR, I just don't remember his name) were always commanding coverage down the field. 

I could be wrong. 

Edited by iceco1d - Jul/24/2010 at 11:24pm
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:33pm
The number three receiver was Az Azir Hazim and number 4 WR was Ricky Proehl. It is tough to determine what was Martz and what was lighting in a bottle, but he does have some knowledge of NFL offense. Regardless the Chicago Bears of 2010 need a miracle to make the playoffs.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:35pm
I almost forgot about Proehl!  
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:40pm

I am a huge fan of the White WR ( I was one). Proehl made a huge catch against TB in the NFC title game the year the Rams won it all and he also scored in the Super Bowl loss against the Pats the following year. He was a huge part of that Rams team.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:42pm
Speaking of that Superbowl...Ty Law was THE MAN in his prime.  
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:47pm
No doubt. That pick 6 won that game.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:56pm
Didn't the Pats play that game with something like 7 or 8 D-Backs?  (starting, I mean)

Edited by iceco1d - Jul/24/2010 at 11:56pm
Ron 14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Licensed Teller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2010 at 11:59pm
That I don't know, but I do know they molested every single receiver from the first snap assuming the ref couldn't throw a flag on each play. Regardless they won the game and a great Super Bowl, propelling Brady to stardom.
A-Ro View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2010 at 11:04am
Originally posted by iceco1d iceco1d wrote:

Is there any irony in Mike Martz now working UNDER Lovie Smith?

Originally posted by Primo Primo wrote:

Martz's system require pass protection long enough to find receiver 20 yds downfield. 

Really?  I thought his system only required the overrated QB to dump the ball to Marshall Faulk 3 yards from the line of scrimmage, and let him run with it?  Which he could of course do at will, because Holt and Bruce (and they had a solid 3rd WR, I just don't remember his name) were always commanding coverage down the field. 

I could be wrong. 

Are you freaking kidding me?  You really believe Kurt Warner was overrated??? Shocked
mlgone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2010 at 11:28am
Ron went off the meds again?  I bet your feeling it today
bustin members BS... day after day.
Jim60 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2010 at 2:16pm
Good afternoon. My name is Jim. Been an FA for a very long time and come to this forum to learn from the wisest.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 35>
  Share Topic