Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi folks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi folks
    Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 1:03pm
New member here, Colorado IAR, 7/63/65.  Looking forward to it.

Rather be golfing... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rather be golfing... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 1:24pm
Welcome aboard
...but I can make more $$'s doing this.
newregrep View Drop Down

Three Incher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newregrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 1:44pm
welcome.
Helado for Prez
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 1:56pm
Hey Mac, want to tell us about yourself a little? Time in business, type of firm, etc.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
MainStreet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MainStreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 2:23pm
<sarcasm font>
Originally posted by B24 B24 wrote:

Hey Mac, want to tell us about yourself a little? Time in business, type of firm, etc, first and last name. What your wife looks like, where you like to golf.
just kidding.the really important questions that define you here:

*have you now, or ever, worked at Edward Jones?
*do you believe in active management or passive management?
*can a real financial advisor work at a bank?
*what is your stance on the "one true faith"?
*do you condemn Barack Obama?
*do RIAs have the moral highground? Can any good come from commissions?

Once we know your answers to those questions, we can determine all the other questions above.
</sarcasm font>

Welcome!
Trouble is, you think you have time ~ Buddha
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 2:27pm
Wow, MS. Some serious AH sarcasm going on!
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 2:52pm
Also, you have post a pic of your wife or girlfriend.  Barring that, your sister.
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MainStreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Moraen Moraen wrote:

Also, you have post a pic of your wife or girlfriend.  Barring that, your sister.

don't you think we can determine whether or not the picture is warranted by whether or not he charges commissions?

And I think, with a little work, we can even provide the picture of said related females if we find out that he believes in commissions and in active management.

(woah. I might have gotten a little off the reservation with that one ... )
Sportsfreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wise Old Perv and CTO of AH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sportsfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 3:32pm
This is a great way to get new members to stick around. LOL
If you eat an entire cake without cutting it, then technically, you only had one piece
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by MainStreet MainStreet wrote:

Originally posted by Moraen Moraen wrote:

don't you think we can determine whether or not the picture is warranted by whether or not he charges commissions?

And I think, with a little work, we can even provide the picture of said related females if we find out that he believes in commissions and in active management.

(woah. I might have gotten a little off the reservation with that one ... )

MS, are you medicated today? 

No? Maybe you should be! LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MainStreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 4:47pm
LOL ... just a really good end of the week for me. No harm meant.

Honestly, welcome extended to MacCo. All said and done, its meant to hopefully make you feel at home!

stevuke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 9:14pm
Welcome!
Know your worth, then add tax!
MacCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 12:09pm

Well, I'm a Leo, my turn-ons are happy people, puppies and butterscotch, my turn-offs are frowns, mean people and rainy days!

Okay, anyway, I'm in indy in Colorado Springs, financial services just since 2001, partner in a CPA/Legal/Financial Services firm.  Started off indy, which I probably wouldn't recommend to newbies.  Not terribly fond of either political party.  Always looking for new ideas, more than happy to toss out my moderately worthless opinions at the drop of a hat.

Thanks all, got a kick of the responses.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MainStreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 12:32pm
you'll fit in just fine.

Might have been better if you liked walks along the beach though. Glad to have another sense of humor.
Charlie Six View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2012 at 12:43am
Welcome MacCo

What kind of practice do you have?
Charlie Six
"Those who don't understand how money or government works will eventually become slaves to those who do."
MacCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2012 at 5:58am

Charlie, regular advisory.  Maybe a little more life insurance than average, getting more and more into alternatives, that word seems to perk up ears, plus the market neutrality is attractive. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic