Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Join
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Join

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Join
    Posted: Nov/04/2011 at 11:19pm
I have been the industry 18 years. I started out with Edward Jones, but went independent in 2009.  Approximately 80% of my book is fee based asset management accounts, and I do all of my own portfolios. The other 20% are a few remnants of brokerage, mutual fund, and variable annuity business that didn't make sense to convert to fee based. I have two assistants, and a young intern who will start working on his licenses in 2012.  I affiliate with LPL Financial, but I am exploring RIA options. I live in beautiful xxxxx,xxxxxxx, and I just started an outside business activity as a public speaker. I love my job as an advisor. I am well organized and disciplined, and I enjoy improving efficiencies. I am looking for new ways to improve my business.


Edited by Sportsfreak - Nov/05/2011 at 3:27pm
Back to Top
Sportsfreak View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Wise Old Perv

Joined: Mar/09/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 22448
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sportsfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2011 at 8:45am
Welcome jd. How did you find us?
You will find this board to be a tremendous resource. Its a place a lot of us come to blow off some steam once in a while, but also a great place to exchange ideas, debate issues, investment philosophy, etc.
Looking forward to your contribution.
Sorry MINT, SF is right, I was wrong......Helado...March 8th, 2014
Back to Top
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar/09/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 14962
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2011 at 9:06am
Welcome!
Back to Top
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar/09/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 14962
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2011 at 9:10am
You may want to change your post and not tell us so much about who/where you are. 10 sec on Google and I know your name.
Back to Top
MainStreet View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar/21/2010
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 4453
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MainStreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2011 at 9:35am
Welcome, I am looking forward to hearing your contributions.
 
Whitefish Montana is beautiful country and the people I met in that region were uniformly open and friendly.
 
One thing for sure ... you will find an awful lot of X-green hereabouts!  As I say, wilkommen!
Trouble is, you think you have time ~ Buddha
Back to Top
Sportsfreak View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Wise Old Perv

Joined: Mar/09/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 22448
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sportsfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2011 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Iamlegend Iamlegend wrote:

You may want to change your post and not tell us so much about who/where you are. 10 sec on Google and I know your name.


Good catch IAL, I should have noticed

JD - Hope you dont mind, i took the liberty of altering your post by x'sng out your location, which just makes it too easy to find you. Don't let this scare you, we have a great group here, but it should be up to you to decide who knows your real id and who doesnt.
I'm going to PM you some additional comments.
Sorry MINT, SF is right, I was wrong......Helado...March 8th, 2014
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.