Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2020 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Nutthinfancy Nutthinfancy wrote:

Appreciate it B24. Do you have any experience in the RIA world? Is it more challenging to close prospects without the large firm name?

I feel like if I do the same thing I’m doing now, It shouldn’t be that different.

Yes, I have an RIA firm. I think it depends on who you compete with regularly. But I think it wins me as many clients as it loses me.

I've mentioned this before, but there is selection bias when looking at my clients. Most seem to do some research in advance, so I tend to get people the specifically DON'T want a big "wirehouse"-type advisor. They want a fee-only, fiduciary, blah blah. So they come to me. But I am sure there are plenty of clients that specifically go to the big firms because they feel more comfortable.

But unless you are with a big name brand firm, it almost doesn't matter. How many regular people know who "Cambridge" or "Commonwealth" or "LPL" is? 
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
Nutthinfancy View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutthinfancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2020 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by missionshooter missionshooter wrote:

Sorry to hear about your dad.

How long were you with Jones?

Thanks mission. Only a few months. I decided to make the move before the “can serve” hooks dug in.

Edited by Nutthinfancy - Mar/06/2020 at 9:18pm
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2020 at 7:34pm
Atta boy. Made them pay for your licensing and told them to shove it! Let's fucking Go!
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutthinfancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2020 at 7:49am
Lol. I don’t have anything negative to say against Jones. I just couldn’t drink that green kool aid. I said to myself, I’m hooked for 3 years after lyp, I share a rundown office thats falling apart with someone who doesn't seem that knowledgeable and I’m capped at 40% long term. But I can honestly say I met some really nice and caring people during my time there.
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2020 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Nutthinfancy Nutthinfancy wrote:

Lol. I don’t have anything negative to say against Jones. I just couldn’t drink that green kool aid. I said to myself, I’m hooked for 3 years after lyp, I share a rundown office thats falling apart with someone who doesn't seem that knowledgeable and I’m capped at 40% long term. But I can honestly say I met some really nice and caring people during my time there.

Trust me...people that met the Jim Jones crew would have said the same thing.
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutthinfancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2020 at 9:11am
What a time to start this career. Went from mastering DKing to now learning how to cold call on the fly. Glad I joined an RIA. My partner is providing mentorship that is well needed right now.  I have had some decent success with people who already have an FA. I usually ask if they have heard from their current FA during this turbulent time and if they say no I really play on the emotions.

Booked 4 meetings, problem is getting these people to show up! They keep no showing on me, then we reschedule and again no show lol. Even harder now with corona and trying to teach some of them how to use webex...

The list I started with was created by me from collecting business cards. I decided to purchase a list from InfoUSA the other week. From what this rep keeps telling me, they are having tech issues and are trying to get the list over asap. Has anyone had experience with this company or buying these lists? Are they legit? Is the list worth it or is it garbage data?  I was specific on my target market and the rep says she was able to pull about 5k prospects in my area. I'm hoping this wasn't a waste or a scam...

Edited by Nutthinfancy - Mar/30/2020 at 9:11am
CTheWorld View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTheWorld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2020 at 8:40pm
I will be starting my Field Foundations with Jones and was thinking about buying a list (in these Covid-19 times, we're allowed to use the phone). Let me know if it works for you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic