Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Howdy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Team America (not iMo)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wet_Blanket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2020 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by B24 B24 wrote:

Originally posted by MsBroker MsBroker wrote:

Has anyone tried PMing him? He was on 2 minutes ago. 

I did. He has not responded.
Spiff is probably somewhere giggling at his prank, rewarding himself with a little sugar on his shredded wheat.
The true 🤡 was the Biden voter all along.
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2020 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Wet_Blanket Wet_Blanket wrote:

Spiff is probably somewhere giggling at his prank, rewarding himself with a little sugar on his shredded wheat.

LOL
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
PEACH_cm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEACH_cm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2020 at 9:05pm

🔥
mindtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 9:52am

By gawd.... even John Mulaney would think that joke is too much on the straight and narrow.
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 10:10am
OK, all clear! LOL

As expected (hoping), Spiff was joking.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
Spaceman Spiff View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 11:36am
You guys are pathetic.

I hadn't even looked at this thread since I posted that until B24 PM'd me this morning.  Of course I didn't call anyone to get him fired.  I'm not that psycho.  

You guys thinking I might have - that's psycho.    

Wet_Blanket View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Team America (not iMo)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wet_Blanket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 11:38am
I believed in you Spiff.
The true 🤡 was the Biden voter all along.
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff Spaceman Spiff wrote:

You guys are pathetic.

I hadn't even looked at this thread since I posted that until B24 PM'd me this morning.  Of course I didn't call anyone to get him fired.  I'm not that psycho.  

You saying it - psycho.
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 1:11pm
Well that's a relief.
Spaceman Spiff View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaceman Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Moraen Moraen wrote:

You guys are pathetic.

You saying it - psycho.
Whatever.  I think it's hilarious you guys actually thought I have the clout at Jones to get someone fired. 

Next time I'll make sure I use the italics.  Evidently some of you really need them. 

I'll also add this:  Nobody gave a rip about this kid until Gray revived this almost 6 month old thread.  The last post the guy made in this thread was back in March.  And all the posts he made were him whining about not being able to move forward with his FA career...in the middle of a freaking pandemic.  Jones shut the whole system down for the new guys and basically told them it was OK to twiddle your thumbs for the next 6 months.  They weren't singling him out.  They could just as easily have let him go and said reapply in a year when we fire hiring back up.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff - Sep/18/2020 at 2:22pm
Hacksaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hacksaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2020 at 3:14pm

You guys are pathetic.

I never doubted you Spiff
Coldjumper View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coldjumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2021 at 11:42pm
It all makes sense now
XLKrane View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XLKrane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2022 at 12:46am
Cold call every single realtor in your area. Try to get 10-15 people a day to tell you F OFF or never call again. Read Go For No twice. Learn phone skills. Realtors don't typically have retirement plans. Learn and master the Solo 401k and how to position it over the phone to show enough value to book an in person or virtual meeting. It won't be easy. In fact it'll feel nearly impossible most the time, but keep plugging! Remember it's not what you say, it's how you say it..  The prospects can sense your inner feelings so you had better truly believe in your heart that it's their lucky day you called them. Lastly, SILENCE is your friend. GL!
spudpotato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudpotato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2022 at 7:43am
Dead

Edited by spudpotato - Jan/08/2022 at 7:46am
WarPig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarPig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2022 at 8:32am
Originally posted by spudpotato spudpotato wrote:

Dead

Why did you make that face?  You should share your prospecting advice that led you to where you are today. I’m sure we could all learn a lot. 
cfp83 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfp83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2022 at 8:41pm
Welcome....and good for you being a 20 something and having enough interest to seek out an online community. 
I started off at Northwestern Mutual in my 20's, everyone encouraged me to get my CFP and a bunch of other credentials.....I decided that what was most important was building a client base and learn what my market needed, so I focused on prospecting and writing business as there was plenty of time for credentials.    In hindsight that has made all the difference in my career. Clients don't care about credentials, people who can't sell do. 

Edited by cfp83 - Jan/15/2022 at 6:28am
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2022 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by cfp83 cfp83 wrote:

Welcome....and good for you being a 20 something and having enough interest to seek out an online community. 
I started off at Northwestern Mutualin my 20's and everyone encouraged me to get my CFP and a bunch of other credentials......then I decided that I wouldjust focus on prospecting and writing business, there was plenty of time for credentials.   I am glad I chose the path I did.....clients don't care about credentials, people who can't sell do. 

Tell us more about the shithole that is Northwestern Mutual.
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
cfp83 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfp83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2022 at 6:35am
Originally posted by luvindy luvindy wrote:

I started off at Northwestern Mutualin my 20's and everyone encouraged me to get my CFP and a bunch of other credentials......then I decided that I wouldjust focus on prospecting and writing business, there was plenty of time for credentials.   I am glad I chose the path I did.....clients don't care about credentials, people who can't sell do. 

I left in 2009 after five years and started my own RIA, a captive environment wasn't for me.  Haven't sold a whole life policy since leaving. 
I was fortunate to be in their biggest investment producing office in the country.....I had two advisors who were both each doing north of 1mill GDC back in 2004 take me under their wing and show me how to build the business.  They both left in 2008 and went to RJ.

Kool-aid as you all know is very strong there, I never got the tattoo.  
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2022 at 10:23am

I left in 2009 after five years and started my own RIA, a captive environment wasn't for me.  Haven't sold a whole life policy since leaving. 
I was fortunate to be in their biggest investment producing office in the country.....I had two advisors who were both each doing north of 1mill GDC back in 2004 take me under their wing and show me how to build the business.  They both left in 2008 and went to RJ.

Kool-aid as you all know is very strong there, I never got the tattoo.  

Serious question...why does everyone have the same VUL and other shit? Do they explicitly comp you to sell that shit, or is it somehow indirect? Or do the sales guys think it's best because they're somehow trained that way?
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
memphis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote memphis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2022 at 11:14am

Serious question...why does everyone have the same VUL and other shit? Do they explicitly comp you to sell that shit, or is it somehow indirect? Or do the sales guys think it's best because they're somehow trained that way?

They believe in it because they're trained that way. ROTH alternative / LIRP / whatever you want to call it. I never did VUL, thank God, but I did quite a few IULs that way. Thankfully most of them are still working as planned.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic