Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new ed jones financial advisor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote option_trader83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new ed jones financial advisor
    Posted: Oct/22/2020 at 9:27am
hi my name is XXXXX. i am a finacial advisor with ed jones. i was hired earlier in the year and have found this online community.

i am working as the legacy advisor and will be getting some assets through a goodnight plan

i am trying hard to convert prospects to clients but no one wants to make any changes during this pandemic.

i am here to come looking for advise and to learn more about being a good financial advisor

Edited by Wet_Blanket - Oct/22/2020 at 9:29am
Wet_Blanket View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Team America (not iMo)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wet_Blanket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2020 at 9:29am
Welcome!

I've edited out your first name, I wouldn't use it.  Good luck on starting out.  Feel free to use the Rookiegarten if you want or the other subforums as you need.
The true 🤡 was the Biden voter all along.
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2020 at 9:55am
We luv new jonesies here.
howyougo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howyougo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2020 at 11:15am
Especially poor spellers....but that's mean.
DucatiSportGT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DucatiSportGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2020 at 2:51pm
Keeping finding new prospects. It takes time to convert people. Don't expect it to happen as fast as you would like.
option_trader83 View Drop Down
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote option_trader83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2020 at 9:14am
how long does it take usually for prospect to become client. i only have bring in a few so far but i need to twist arms to make them sign paper
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2020 at 9:21am
Originally posted by option_trader83 option_trader83 wrote:

how long does it take usually for prospect to become client. i only have bring in a few so far but i need to twist arms to make them sign paper

It varies man.  Depends on you, depends on them, depends on how they came to you.  A cold call prospect is generally going to take longer than a referral, etc.

I think the average cold prospect takes something like 9 touches on average before becoming a client.

Just keep hustling.  I know it sounds cliche, but just talk to as many people as you can everyday.  You will find some "low hanging fruit" (i.e.  people that move NOW), and keep adding the rest to your CRM and keep in touch, and drip on them.  That keeps your pipeline full next year, and the year after, etc.
Delbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2020 at 11:55am
Welcome and good luck to you! Just wondering Option_trader if you know you can't actually trade options at EJ?
advisorman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advisorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2020 at 2:43pm
I was thinking the same thing...
King of sarcasm and speling
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote option_trader83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2020 at 3:49pm
yes i know i can not do options for clients at jones

i do the option trading myself i have been buying puts on SPY and calls on TSLA using robinhood not doing too bad i will say

yes i am not getting referrals so it is all people new to me. some people want to move their account right away but most say its not the right time and to call back in six months
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote option_trader83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2020 at 3:59pm
what is the best way to move to level 1
Delbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2020 at 9:04am

yes i know i can not do options for clients at jones

i do the option trading myself i have been buying puts on SPY and calls on TSLA using robinhood not doing too bad i will say

yes i am not getting referrals so it is all people new to me. some people want to move their account right away but most say its not the right time and to call back in six months

Does your compliance officer know this??????
Delbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2020 at 9:05am

what is the best way to move to level 1

Get off Robinhood and prospect 
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote option_trader83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2020 at 9:34am
i do not knowwho the compliance offer is and they wont care its only a 5000 dollar account its small

i am not allowed to go door knocking anymore and i have the use social media do you have other ideas
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2020 at 10:36am

i do not knowwho the compliance offer is and they wont care its only a 5000 dollar account its small

i am not allowed to go door knocking anymore and i have the use social media do you have other ideas

You MUST disclose ALL outside accounts to Compliance.

I'm not sure, but you could risk termination by not doing so. Why would you take that risk?
Delbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2020 at 1:51pm

Yes they will! FINRA too
Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2020 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Delbs Delbs wrote:

Yes they will! FINRA too

This
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2020 at 3:38pm

Have you disclosed on your Robinhood account that you work in the industry?

You're playing with fire by not disclosing it to Jones. Getting fired over something really silly would be really....stupid.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
DucatiSportGT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DucatiSportGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2020 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by B24 B24 wrote:

Have you disclosed on your Robinhood account that you work in the industry?

You're playing with fire by not disclosing it to Jones. Getting fired over something really silly would be really....stupid.

My guess is that it isn't his account. He is probably setting up robinhood accounts for clients then trading in them. Not only is this a huge violation and will get him fired immediately, but he's also opened up to law suits once he inevitably loses all his "clients" money.
Greenhorns
Greenhorns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote option_trader83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2020 at 12:34pm
what r u even taling about you make no sense
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic