Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoffHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 8:10am
Originally posted by DucatiSportGT DucatiSportGT wrote:

Originally posted by HoffHawk HoffHawk wrote:

Thanks guys.  I look forward to learning and giving where I can.  I've been told I'm a people pleaser so I will help anyway I can. 

So what's your experience been like at Jones? Like for real. Without the green iv hooked up. 

It's been great.  I'm a big fan of the changes happening and love learning from the vets.  Everyone has been supportive.

Some of my peers have a different opinion but that's probably everywhere.
EJ555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJ555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 8:33am
Originally posted by B24 B24 wrote:

Thanks guys.  I look forward to learning and giving where I can.  I've been told I'm a people pleaser so I will help anyway I can. 

Oh, I BET you please the boys!
Thumbs Down
Wet_Blanket View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Team America (not iMo)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wet_Blanket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 9:35am

So what's your experience been like at Jones? Like for real. Without the green iv hooked up. 

It's been great.  I'm a big fan of the changes happening and love learning from the vets.  Everyone has been supportive.

What changes are happening? 
The true 🤡 was the Biden voter all along.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Wet_Blanket Wet_Blanket wrote:

Smart phones, coming in 2025.
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 10:39am
Originally posted by helado helado wrote:

Originally posted by Wet_Blanket Wet_Blanket wrote:

Smart phones, coming in 2025.

I started at Jones in 2006/2007. When I actually became an advisor (after all the licensing and shit) and found out they didn't use e-mail, I already knew I had made a mistake.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
BigCheese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigCheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 10:40am
Text messaging right after...

Welcome HoffHawk...and good luck. It would be fun to troll a 29 year old female advisor who thinks that her firm is empowering...and clearly newer to the industry.

There are few Penny lovers here btw...

EJ555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJ555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 10:41am
Are you serious that Edward Jones didn't have email? Now I understand why everyone laughs at us.
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by EJ555 EJ555 wrote:

Are you serious that Edward Jones didn't have email? Now I understand why everyone laughs at us.

Yes, I think we got it around 2008 or 2009 maybe? I don't recall the exact year.

Which was so weird, because e-mail had been in pretty wide business use since the early/mid 90's. So they were like 15 years late on that one.
"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

BigCheese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigCheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 11:23am
EJ...

Advisory was not an acceptable option during my tenure at EDJ...1997-2006. It wasn't until Weddle took over that the firm saw the light...

Remember Bachman...and then Hill...Weddle was a welcomed change at the top back in the day...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 11:35am

Yes, I think we got it around 2008 or 2009 maybe? I don't recall the exact year.

Which was so weird, because e-mail had been in pretty wide business use since the early/mid 90's. So they were like 15 years late on that one.

Early/mid 90's might be a stretch.  Late 90's, early 00's, okay.  
EJ555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJ555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by BigCheese BigCheese wrote:

EJ...

Advisory was not an acceptable option during my tenure at EDJ...1997-2006. It wasn't until Weddle took over that the firm saw the light...

Remember Bachman...and then Hill...Weddle was a welcomed change at the top back in the day...

I had no idea. Almost my entire book is Advisory Solutions. I sell it as a hands off option so the client doesn't have to worry. I can't imagine having to call every client each month to sell something to make a commission.
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 11:51am

Originally posted by BigCheese BigCheese wrote:

EJ...

I had no idea. Almost my entire book is Advisory Solutions. I sell it as a hands off option so the client doesn't have to worry. I can't imagine having to call every client each month to sell something to make a commission.

I bet you tell them "somebody smarter than me takes care of that", don't you?
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
EJ555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJ555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 11:54am
Yeah, so what? I don't have a degree in stock picking.
B24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 11:56am
Originally posted by helado helado wrote:

Early/mid 90's might be a stretch.  Late 90's, early 00's, okay.  

I was using e-mail at work in the early 90's. But yes, not everyone was using it back then, I suppose.

luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 12:03pm

Because it makes you look like an idiot.
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
freebird View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 12:06pm
Will you guys stop hijacking Hoff's thread?  She seems sweet and you're going to scare her off LOL
EJ555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJ555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by luvindy luvindy wrote:

Because it makes you look like an idiot.

I'm going to choose not to react to this comment except to say Thumbs Down
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 12:20pm
At least she's cute!  Tongue
EJ555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJ555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by missionshooter missionshooter wrote:

At least she's cute!  Tongue

I get it. Most of you think it's cute to insult and demean women. I see why women don't stay here too long which is a shame because some of you are really intelligent and good people in real life who do a lot to help the community but come here to vent and play around while occasionally contributing something great to the forum. None of your insults and snide comments are original. Some forums have a block feature so you don't have to see comments from people on that list. I suggest the administrator add something like that here.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2021 at 1:39pm
Whoa whoa whoa. 

Most of my insults are original!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic