Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy to be here quick question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcadvisor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy to be here quick question
    Posted: May/24/2022 at 1:24pm
Hey everyone,

Love the forum been reading it the last year or so. Have not been active in posting but looking for some advice. Ive been working with a firm right out of college for the last 3 years. Built up a client base of about 80, lots of financial planning, insurance, annuities and AUM. 

Love the firm but comp is definitely not where it should be. Its a scale but if you do about 300k in revenue you got 60% then it gets cut down to 90% of that with 10% going to VP of the branch. Does that seem fair? and the other issue I am seeing is that I may not be able to move with my clients, not allowed to break any contracts with current firm apparently. 

I did plan on going independent but may be better to go now then later if I cannot retain any of my clients. Any thoughts on this would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 1:27pm
Don't be a punkass bitch and make the jump now.  Do you want to work for yourself at some point or keep making the VP asshole rich?  

Fuck that noise, I'm a boss bitch.  
richchick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 1:33pm
Don’t hold back mission tell him how you really feel. 
BullishT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BullishT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 1:35pm
What kind of firm is this? Doesn't sound like any wire house or indy B/D model I have ever heard of. 
Chips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 1:59pm
What kind of support do you get for that 10%? Are they feeding you leads? Paying rent? Staff? Software?
Wet_Blanket View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Team America (not iMo)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wet_Blanket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 2:01pm
So they get 54% payout? 
The true 🤡 was the Biden voter all along.
Iamlegend View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iamlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 5:25pm
Sounds like an insurance BD?
DucatiSportGT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DucatiSportGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Iamlegend Iamlegend wrote:

Has to be. 
Also, I'll go there... You're 3 years out of school and get a 54% payout? That's really not bad at all. 
Self appointed leader of the I like to shit on my own face when I jerk off. .
I hate being right. It's not a badge of honor for me. Most of the time I wish I was wrong.
freebird View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by DucatiSportGT DucatiSportGT wrote:

Originally posted by Iamlegend Iamlegend wrote:

Has to be. 
Also, I'll go there... You're 3 years out of school and get a 54% payout? That's really not bad at all. 

100 bucks they sourced the clients too 
RIArules View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIArules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 9:34pm
$100 bucks this is a compliance troll.
Is it too late to exhume Ken Starr?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2022 at 2:53am
Northwestern Mutual.
advisorman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advisorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 10:08am
Take over a 150mm Jones office and then leave a few years later with 100mm
King of sarcasm and speling
alcadvisor View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcadvisor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 10:13am
Firm is florida financial advisors basically a spin off of Ameriprise in terms of how it works.
alcadvisor View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcadvisor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 10:16am
they pay for everything for the most part. most my clients come from cold calls, they pay for a zoom info account. but even then i get most clients now from referrals. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic