Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hi,VP of Digital Marketing for a Financial Advisor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi,VP of Digital Marketing for a Financial Advisor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustapha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi,VP of Digital Marketing for a Financial Advisor
    Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 5:18pm
Hello All;

I worked as a VP of Digital Marketing for a Financial Advisor and 12 months ago I opened a marketing firm focused on lead generation and digital marketing for financial advisors. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need any help or have questions about generating leads or digital marketing for Advisors. 

Thank you
Mustapha (you can also call me Steve Smile)
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 5:32pm
Hey Stevie.  

Nice to have you here babe.  What kind of digity leads can you get me hun?  How much do they cost per lead?
Our purpose is to partner for a positive impact- to improve the lives of our clients and colleagues, and together, better our communities and society.

mustapha View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustapha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 6:11pm
Hi;

Thank you for asking. Please find a link to a PDF case study of what I do (the case study has an estimates of CAC (Customer Acquisition Cost). From the existing financial advisors I work with, it is around $500 to $1000 per Customer. That is NOT a Lead cost, it is a final paying customer acquisition cost:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/149VzbzZjyDg_aEx-mqr7I4uAlrZWG6MJ/view

I also recently launched a YouTube video channels to provide free digital marketing training for financial advisors: Here are two recent videos:
  1. Financial Advisors Lead Generation Marketing Technique: How to rank Higher on Google Maps in 7 Steps : https://youtu.be/xGXr9Z342II
  2. How many people are searching for financial advisors online : https://youtu.be/rqWld_bQNH0

Thank you

Edited by mustapha - Jul/13/2022 at 6:24pm
indysomeday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indysomeday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 6:20pm
the case study looks super legit

WarPig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WarPig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 6:52pm
Steve.. I’ll try your service if you offer an iron clad guarantee to get my money back if you dont deliver upon your promised results.
WarPig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarPig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 6:54pm
Btw.. I appreciate that you are actually adding real value in other posts.
mustapha View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustapha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by WarPig WarPig wrote:

Steve.. I’ll try your service if you offer an iron clad guarantee to get my money back if you dont deliver upon your promised results.

Challenge accepted. In all cases I start my work with a full free marketing plan and assessment. You don't pay anything for the marketing plan as its an investment I do to develop business. You can ping me in private or fill up this form: https://www.leadcenter.ai/marketing-financial-advisor-digital-marketing/ and I will take it forward to set up an appointment. 

Edited by mustapha - Jul/13/2022 at 6:58pm
richchick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 7:24pm
Hi Steve welcome & may the odds be ever in your favor. 
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by mustapha mustapha wrote:

Challenge accepted. In all cases I start my work with a full free marketing plan and assessment. You don't pay anything for the marketing plan as its an investment I do to develop business. You can ping me in private or fill up this form: https://www.leadcenter.ai/marketing-financial-advisor-digital-marketing/ and I will take it forward to set up an appointment. 

How about the bold part?
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
mustapha View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustapha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by luvindy luvindy wrote:

Challenge accepted. In all cases I start my work with a full free marketing plan and assessment. You don't pay anything for the marketing plan as its an investment I do to develop business. You can ping me in private or fill up this form:  https://www.leadcenter.ai/marketing-financial-advisor-digital-marketing/ - https://www.leadcenter.ai/marketing-financial-advisor-digital-marketing/ and I will take it forward to set up an appointment. 

How about the bold part?

That is the challenge I am accepting!
DucatiSportGT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DucatiSportGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 7:51pm
Why are people calling you Steve? 

$1000 isn't a bad cost comparably. 
Self appointed leader of the I like to shit on my own face when I jerk off. .
I hate being right. It's not a badge of honor for me. Most of the time I wish I was wrong.
mustapha View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustapha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by DucatiSportGT DucatiSportGT wrote:

Why are people calling you Steve? 

$1000 isn't a bad cost comparably. 

You can call me Steve or Mustapha, I don't mind Big smile

For Customer Acquisition Cost, $500 to $1000 is reasonable if you are:
- Selling Investment and Assets under management with a fee structure in the range of 1% to 1.5%.
- Annuity products were the average sales size is $30,000 to $40,000

But it is also highly dependent on the Advisor ability to convert appointments to business. Majority of the advisors I worked with over the years have no problem in converting appointments to business. Amazingly, some of them can convert up to 80% of appointments to business. The challenge for most of them is generating qualified leads and the digital arena is a bit mystic :)

I am attaching another useful slide that we ask advisors to use to measure conversion from one stage to the next and find optimization opportunity from one stage to next, which ultimately will help reduce CAC while increase Revenue
https://s3.amazonaws.com/storat-us-east/app/website/62cf5dd6af4a97.91404149_original.png - Conversion Funnel

advisorman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advisorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 8:51pm
I only take leads over 10mm can you do me 100 of those for 1k?
King of sarcasm and speling
freebird View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 8:56pm
Steve is coming in hot 
mustapha View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustapha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by advisorman advisorman wrote:

The average net worth we worked with so far is hovering around $1.2M to $1.5M. We indeed generated a lot of leads where net worth is more than $10M, but frankly I have never worked with an advisor that targets only $10MM+. So, I will need to look at your existing digital marketing footprint, marketing channel, ideal customer profile, geographical coverage, the quality of the content, and most importantly the trust and strength of your brand. Please ping me in private and I will be happy to do a free marketing assessment\plan. Few questions I would have, do you have inhouse investment or you broker? the package of services you offer (AUM, Annuities, Insurance, Retirement Planning, etc??)

To be very honest with you, if you are increasing the min from $500K to $10MM, expect CAC to be much more as the target audience is much smaller and would require a mix of traditional + digital marketing + Inbound + Outbound. But It is definitely doable, but I do NOT thing at $1K CAC.

But at the scale of things, for a $10M client, avg of %0.09 annual fees that is an average of $90K. that is a $450,000 LTV over 5 years. So even if the CAC is $30K, it is worth it, I guess! for annuities, insurance, etc. the LTV can be realized in the first year Big smile

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2022 at 11:00pm
Steve,

Can your firm..

1.  Get leads digitally (like Facebook, LinkedIn, whatever...IDGAF if it's SnapChat)

2. Contact them, drip on them, schedule an appointment with them

3.  I don't want to do anything but pay you until they walk in my door.

If that's an option, PM me.  
advisorman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advisorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2022 at 7:53am

The average net worth we worked with so far is hovering around $1.2M to $1.5M. We indeed generated a lot of leads where net worth is more than $10M, but frankly I have never worked with an advisor that targets only $10MM+. So, I will need to look at your existing digital marketing footprint, marketing channel, ideal customer profile, geographical coverage, the quality of the content, and most importantly the trust and strength of your brand. Please ping me in private and I will be happy to do a free marketing assessment\plan. Few questions I would have, do you have inhouse investment or you broker? the package of services you offer (AUM, Annuities, Insurance, Retirement Planning, etc??)

To be very honest with you, if you are increasing the min from $500K to $10MM, expect CAC to be much more as the target audience is much smaller and would require a mix of traditional + digital marketing + Inbound + Outbound. But It is definitely doable, but I do NOT thing at $1K CAC.

But at the scale of things, for a $10M client, avg of %0.09 annual fees that is an average of $90K. that is a $450,000 LTV over 5 years. So even if the CAC is $30K, it is worth it, I guess! for annuities, insurance, etc. the LTV can be realized in the first year Big smile

Why would the strength of my digital brand have anything to
Do with you getting me leads?
King of sarcasm and speling
mustapha View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustapha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2022 at 8:52am
Originally posted by helado helado wrote:

Steve,

Can your firm..

1.  Get leads digitally (like Facebook, LinkedIn, whatever...IDGAF if it's SnapChat)

2. Contact them, drip on them, schedule an appointment with them

3.  I don't want to do anything but pay you until they walk in my door.

If that's an option, PM me.  

Hello;
I will PM you in private, but posting this here to share the knowledge:

Launching a marketing campaign in multiple channels is something we advise against! Specially for small independent financial advisors making less than $5M in revenue annually.  For inbound marketing campaigns, social media channels works at the awareness stage with low purchase intent. While Google, for instant, works at closer stage to buying (evaluation) with high purchase intent. To put this in layman term: 
  • a Person going to Google Search and and searching for "Financial advisor near me" or "Buy annuity" is indeed looking for financial advisor. He is not looking to buy a car or see pictures of his friends. Hence a high probability of being a qualified lead (combined with proper targeting of right geography, audience, etc). 
  • On the other hand, somebody going to Facebook to see whats up with their friends, he is not looking for a financial advisor. Hence it is called a consideration stage. 
Check this illustration for the customer purchase journey ( https://s3.amazonaws.com/storat-us-east/app/website/62d011043477b3.03391447_original.png - https://s3.amazonaws.com/storat-us-east/app/website/62d011043477b3.03391447_original.png)

frankly I am not a fan of social media, unless I am working with very large enterprises that have a target of brand awareness and reach and have a substantial disposable marketing budget to spend on SMM (social media paid marketing). For small\mid size businesses that are focused on generating qualified leads, Inbound Marketing (SEO and SEM) through Google is the way to start. Off-course you combine that with assisting channels  (ex: email marketing)

I am not saying social media doesn't work. But the first step is to realize what is your bandwidth, budget and capacity. First work on the channels that has the highest probability of generating immediate leads. Once you figure it out, you can start exploring the next channel. 

Also there is a personal story to this. As a marketer working with small and medium business, when I a sign a new contract, it is like a time-bombClown. I need to rally to generate qualified leads that convert to appointments as soon as possible. SMB's are on a tight budget, and they don't have the capacity for B.S. or experimentation!!So, they only value qualified leads. When I started focusing on digital marketing back in 2016, I went through a lot of mistakes and pain trying to promote small businesses with small budget on multiple channels. In 2018, I figured out the value of FOCUS and it was upward for my agency and me from there. I wrote an article about the decline in social media reach. You can read it here: https://www.leadcenter.ai/the-decline-in-facebook-and-instagram-free-posts-reach-in-2020-and-what-to-do-about-it/

I hope that help.

Moraen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Resident Sage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moraen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2022 at 8:58am

Funneling. If you have brand awareness, it will push more people through the funnel. 

I don't think Mustafa is a lead generation service. He is a marketing service that helps you create your own lead generation system.

That's what it sounds like to me.
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all. - General James Mattis

Fiduciary as Fuck - iMo
mustapha View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustapha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2022 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Moraen Moraen wrote:

Funneling. If you have brand awareness, it will push more people through the funnel. 

I don't think Mustafa is a lead generation service. He is a marketing service that helps you create your own lead generation system.

That's what it sounds like to me.

Exactly. Over the years, we deployed tracking methodology to track visitors (ex: Google Tag Manager, Zoho page sense, Google Search Console, and Analytics, etc). A visitor may require between 8 to 12 touch points before converting to a lead. Do you know what is the most searched term we found before a visitor converts to lead? it is "XYZ advisor reviews". So, a lot of serious leads will search for your reviews before converting. Hence we always recommend creating a review page in your website and pay close attention to Google Business Profile reviews(note: SEC changed the rule around a year ago and you can request reviews from your existing customers). 

Moraen; actually we are a performance lead generation agency. Not marketing. Hence we do extensive lead tracking through virtual phone numbers, form submission, and other mediums. So, we developed a full software for that to track leads, gather intelligence, and automate the engagement with them. You can register for free to use the software at https://app.leadcenter.ai/register. It is open to be used without acquiring any of our services Smile

Edited by mustapha - Jul/14/2022 at 9:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic