Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings & Salutations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CashFlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 11:32am
If I were looking again I would consider 

RJ either quasi independent or full Indy
LPL- didn’t like them when I talked last time
Schwab alliance was impressive for RIA but didn’t like two set of books with a broker friendly BD
Commonwealth
Kestra- probably a stretch for me
Stifel - new push in my independent so would at least take a look. 

Really depends on whether you want RIA or just independent.  My guess is you will spend 25 percent of your time on a regular basis actually spending time running the business.  That might be high as it is just a guess. 
The Dude View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 4:36pm
Not at Jones.
The Dude View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 4:40pm
Not at Jones. Wouldn’t entertain it either.
The Dude View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 4:41pm

Edited by The Dude - Aug/04/2022 at 4:42pm
The Dude View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 4:44pm
This is good info. Thank you. I don’t thin RIA is a good fit for me at the moment, so I have t been entertaining it. Appreciate the perspective 🤙
The Dude View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Conrad Dobler Conrad Dobler wrote:

Am I the only person who thinks that a newbie taking "The Dude" is a bit presumptuous? LOL

Thumbs Up About what? lol
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

This is good info. Thank you. I don’t thin RIA is a good fit for me at the moment, so I have t been entertaining it. Appreciate the perspective 🤙

Why do you say RIA isn't a good fit for you?  What's your breakdown of...

Fee-based
Insurance
Fixed Annuities
Brokerage +variable annuity + any other commission business
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 5:22pm
Second question...

You said your "team"...are you doing $1mm by yourself?  Is your team doing $1mm?  Is your team doing more than $1mm and your share of that is $1mm?  Or is the "team" just other advisors you'll jump with, but aren't sharing clients/books?

I'm not asking because I'm curious.  I'm asking because your answer, along with your product mix (previous post) will impact where you should be looking in the indy world.  
Nathan Explosion View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Explosion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 5:41pm

Well said.  
luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Nathan Explosion Nathan Explosion wrote:

Well said.  

This.
8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
Conrad Dobler View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conrad Dobler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by luvindy luvindy wrote:

Well said.  

This.

DucatiSportGT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DucatiSportGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 6:06pm
RC has been noticeably quiet as of late. 
Self appointed leader of the I like to shit on my own face when I jerk off. .
I hate being right. It's not a badge of honor for me. Most of the time I wish I was wrong.
The Dude View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 6:18pm

Well said.  

This.
That was a typo. Still figuring out this formatting.
Nathan Explosion View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nathan Explosion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 6:19pm

Well said.  

This.

That’s cool bro.  You’ll understand soon.  
The Dude View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by helado helado wrote:

Second question...

You said your "team"...are you doing $1mm by yourself?  Is your team doing $1mm?  Is your team doing more than $1mm and your share of that is $1mm?  Or is the "team" just other advisors you'll jump with, but aren't sharing clients/books?

I'm not asking because I'm curious.  I'm asking because your answer, along with your product mix (previous post) will impact where you should be looking in the indy world.  

I’m (personally) producing about 1.2m annually. All me. 
Looking at possibly forming a team of multiple FAs in the next chapter, should I proceed.

The RIA route sounds like a lot of work at this time, thus my hesitancy. But would still consider it.
gregsanberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gregsanberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 6:22pm

Well said.  

This.

Check with Ricky if you want a tutorial on editing
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 6:25pm

Originally posted by helado helado wrote:

Second question...

I’m (personally) producing about 1.2m annually. All me. 
Looking at possibly forming a team of multiple FAs in the next chapter, should I proceed.

The RIA route sounds like a lot of work at this time, thus my hesitancy. But would still consider it.

The RIA route is probably less work.  If you are mostly fee-based and fixed insurnace/annuities, you're crazy for not just going RIA.  

missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 6:27pm
It's funny how someone that is clueless thinks, "Meh, that sounds like too much work... " and doesn't give something a 2nd thought. 

It's not like someone doing 1mm GDC couldnt pay someone like Wet a reasonable setup fee to LITERALLY DO EVERYTHING for them.  
Our purpose is to partner for a positive impact- to improve the lives of our clients and colleagues, and together, better our communities and society.

CashFlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CashFlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by missionshooter missionshooter wrote:

It's funny how someone that is clueless thinks, "Meh, that sounds like too much work... " and doesn't give something a 2nd thought. 

It's not like someone doing 1mm GDC couldnt pay someone like Wet a reasonable setup fee to LITERALLY DO EVERYTHING for them.  

I agree, but it is all a matter of perspective.  Coming from a captive world most want baby steps into independence.  They want all the fruits, but don't understand the extra it takes.  Depending on his production mix during his investigation journey he/she/it/they/them or whatever (Happy now Connie) will figure it out.  It really is eye opening the more you learn.
The Dude View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by missionshooter missionshooter wrote:

Easy, Killer. As I said, I'd consider it. I'm in the 3rd inning of this research. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic