Advisorheads Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introductions > Greenhorn Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Captive going Indy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2022 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by advisorman advisorman wrote:

Not at RJ. At Cambridge. Voluntary affiliation and I can change OSJ at any time. No OSJ owns any advisors books to my knowledge at Cambridge. That would be stupid for an advisor to agree to that.

Former Edward Jones reps turned LPL reps:

"If Bellicheat pulls that rabbit out of his a$$ with this kid at quarterback, I'll personally kiss his ring." - Sporsfreak, 09/20/16

"Jags/Vikes Super Bowl. Write it down" - Sportsfreak 01/19/18
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2022 at 6:43pm
It's not that OSJ's own your book.  It's that b/ds won't allow you to switch OSJ's without your existing OSJ's blessing.

...and why would they give up their override?
Nathan Explosion View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Explosion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2022 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by spudpotato spudpotato wrote:

How do you know he’s EJ?

Originally posted by luvindy luvindy wrote:

First, good luck on your move away from Edward Jones. 

The super OSJ's are fine as a way to get to indy world, but treat it as a stop rather than a career path. Unless you like having to deal with an extra layer of bullshit for a few percentage points of payout, but that shouldn't be your motivator if you're going to do this right.

pretty obvious...probably talking to Cornerstone or similar type of group......they prey on the low hanging fruit

edit...dont mean that as an insult just how the world works.

Edited by Nathan Explosion - Aug/11/2022 at 7:52pm
WarPig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarPig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2022 at 8:02pm
RIA or fuck off at this point.
bkd77 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkd77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2022 at 8:47pm
Everybody has their opinion, which is fine. I don’t take offense to any of the comments. I’m just looking for insight and trying to learn as much as I can to make a good decision for myself and my family. I may be low hanging fruit for someone to prey on but we all are at different levels and we all started somewhere or transitioned to something else at one time. 
missionshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missionshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2022 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Nathan Explosion Nathan Explosion wrote:

How do you know he’s EJ?

The super OSJ's are fine as a way to get to indy world, but treat it as a stop rather than a career path. Unless you like having to deal with an extra layer of bullshit for a few percentage points of payout, but that shouldn't be your motivator if you're going to do this right.

pretty obvious...probably talking to Cornerstone or similar type of group......they prey on the low hanging fruit

edit...dont mean that as an insult just how the world works.

I knew a guy that reviewed the Cornerstone contract for jonesies leaving... it basically says it's a 7 yr commitment and the clients are cornerstones.  LOL

These super OSJ groups are just out to make $ on dumb advisors in transition who are susceptible prey. 

Our purpose is to partner for a positive impact- to improve the lives of our clients and colleagues, and together, better our communities and society.

luvindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2022 at 11:30pm

How do you know he’s EJ?

Sometimes you just know.

8/31/12,Sportsfreak:
"If Barak wins this election, or appears to be clearly winning, we are all fucked. Market will tank big time."
Dow 13,090 S&P 1406
5/23/13 UC:Dow 20k before 20% crrectn Dow 15,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic